Garlic Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so happy that I'm not the only one who enjoys garlic bread made with garlic salt.

Sometimes, I go the roasted garlic and parmesan cheese route, but I still prefer the way my mom made it.

Kind of like a comfort food. Even though it's not gourmet, it's something I grew up with and it reminds me of my mom.

Next time you're at the store, pick up a couple of heads of garlic. When you get home go out in the yard, dig up a small patch and plant the heads about 4-6 inches deep (assuming the ground isn't frozen yet.) Next summer you should have quite a bit of garlic to work with! I did this last fall and was pleasantly surprised! Oh, Elf, did you enjoy your Garlic Butter Soup en Croute? ;)

DampCharcoal said:
Next time you're at the store, pick up a couple of heads of garlic. When you get home go out in the yard, dig up a small patch and plant the heads about 4-6 inches deep (assuming the ground isn't frozen yet.) Next summer you should have quite a bit of garlic to work with! I did this last fall and was pleasantly surprised! Oh, Elf, did you enjoy your Garlic Butter Soup en Croute? ;)

If you run across a patch of wild garlic, you can do the same thing. It has a richer garlic flavor than domestic garlic, but small bulbs.

choclatechef said:
If you run across a patch of wild garlic, you can do the same thing. It has a richer garlic flavor than domestic garlic, but small bulbs.

choc, i have wild garlic growing in my garden, or so my mil said, but i thought it was more of just an onion grass. ya know, edible, but not very tasty. thanks for the tip. will have to try some next year...

mudbug said:
Sigh. Da Bearz....what happened after 1985? I still wear my old jersey out of nostalgia for days gone by. .

My parents live a block away from where the Bears used to practice and she made friends with Walter Payton and "The Fridge" (she called him "William"). USed to bake them brownies. I still have Walter's wristbands somewhere ...

buckytom said:
choclatechef said:

choc, i have wild garlic growing in my garden, or so my mil said, but i thought it was more of just an onion grass. ya know, edible, but not very tasty. thanks for the tip. will have to try some next year...

Good. I know you will like it. But remember, wild garlic is stronger, so use a little less than you would the cultivated garlic.

You can transplant where you want it to grow -- remember, roses love garlic also. Garlic helps keep pests away from them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom