Hand pie meat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I have some leftover chops and a box of frozen puff pastry.

Can I make a stiff stew of the meat and some frozen veggies and fold that into the puff pastry like some meat turnovers?

I guess the filling would need to be not too wet.

Also, how should I bake them? on cookie sheet lined with foil I guess, on a rack to brown more evenly?

I guess if the whole thing falls apart it will just be deconstructed meat pot pie..

Eric, Austin Tx.

Can I make a stiff stew of the meat and some frozen veggies and fold that into the puff pastry like some meat turnovers?

Also, how should I bake them? on cookie sheet lined with foil I guess, on a rack to brown more evenly?

I guess if the whole thing falls apart it will just be deconstructed meat pot pie..

Eric, Austin Tx.

Think Beef Wellington, but with veggies thrown in. Precook everything and drain off any juices. Add a little clarified butter, with S&P to taste, and fold the puff pastry around it. Potato and carrot, or rutabaga will help control the moisture content. Bake in a hot oven - 400'F until the pastry is browned. Serve with a good gravy, or even ketchup.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Eric, Austin Tx.
Goggle: 'Bridies'.

Oh GG, those Aussie meat pies sure look good! :yum: I added that page to my "sandwich" folder. Now all I have to do is remember it's there when I want to make something quick and different.

Those Australian pies look wonderful. With the tine marks in the dough, they remind me of Jamaican patties. Hmm, I never thought of making those myself. Now I have a craving for Jamaican patties.

The Australian meat pies look like what the Scots brought with them when they arrived on Australia's shores. LOLhttp://www.food.com/recipe/forfar-bridies-cooks-illustrated-370004

Back
Top Bottom