"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 01-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Amazing, Just visited the food site for the Italian Bread. This is the first time I have seen a recipe for Italian Bread with Brown Sugar as an ingredient.
Interesting.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:58 PM   #12
Cook

I didn't realize that it was unusual. It could have had vinegar in it and I wouldn't have known the difference.
I'll learn. I intend to try a lot of different recipes.
Is there any point in a recipe like that one that I would ever be able to stop the process until the following day or so? Can I freeze or refrigerate the dough & bake it when I want it? I love the bread but trying to make it come out with my meal (especially contending with my inexperience) was really tough. Also, unsuccessful....
When I get some time and can get on the computer for more than a few minutes at a time, I'd really like to spend some times reading through the DC threads on the subject and some of the suggested links. Ah well. G'night all.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:20 AM   #13
Sous Chef

refrigerating and/or freezing dough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing324
Is there any point in a recipe like that one that I would ever be able to stop the process until the following day or so? Can I freeze or refrigerate the dough & bake it when I want it? I love the bread but trying to make it come out with my meal (especially contending with my inexperience) was really tough. Also, unsuccessful....
Yes, you can refrigerate or freeze dough - see this post re refrigerating or freezing bread dough and this post re freezing preferments (a preferment is risen dough used as an ingredient in the final recipe - many of the links I gave you use this approach). Estimating the amount of time required for the final rise can be a bit tricky though you'll learn with experience. Post back if you still have questions.

Tags
None