Hitachi HB-B201 Home Bakery Plus - Need Manual/recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hitachi HB-201

Thank you for all this good information. I have had the Hitachi a long time but had not used it. I found the manual recommended in this thread which works for my needs. A friend gave me some sourdough starter which prompted my digging out the bread maker. He makes his without a breadmaker but I wanted to use the easier method. My first attempt at sourdough bread is not started for the 4hourd 20 minute bread cycle.

I any one has suggestions please let me know.

Heres to good bread Luther B:chef:

Hi, Maverick, I have been using the HB101 for over 25 years. I use it almost every day. For a while I had 2 of them because I like making two batches at a time. At first I made bread and cakes in it baking right in the pan. More recently I use the dough cycle and make things like brioche and cinnamon rolls which you shape and then cook in the oven. Sadly the HB201 does not have that setting although you could pull the pan out after the second rise, before the baking begins.

I have something to say about the rice cycle. It requires an inner lid in order to work. I bought my hb 201 at a resale shop this week and the manual and the lid were missing. I did find the manual online and it is more specific to the HB201. I'm attaching it here.

Salad in a Jar has a wonderful bread machine french bread recipe.My fave recipe book for bread machine is Bread Machine Baking Perfect Every Time by Lora Brody and Millie Apter. The recipes are specific to Machine Brands.

Best Wishes as you bake and learn your machine!

Hitachi hb-b201 bread machine for gluten-free, cake and sweet bread

I just purchased the Hitachi hb-b201 bread machine. Is it possible to make gluten-free bread, cake, and sweet bread on this machine? If so, how do I do it? Would love sources to recipe recommendations too. Thanks much!

I did some digging online about yeast. The general consences is thst SAF brand, instant Red is the best workin yeat. I found a site that sells it in 1 pound packs for $4.99 US. I don't like the results I get from my new-to-me Zojarushi bread machine. The bottom, and side crusts are much darker than the top. Getting the bread out of the loaf pan is very difficult as the loaf sticks to the mixing paddles. I've taken great care to lubricate the paddles with either cooking spray, or butter. My new bread pan gives me bread that is so much better, and slides right out of the pan. I hope you have better luck with your bread machine. As far as recipies go:

Place in pan, in Order:
1 cup cup scalded milk
2 cups whole wheat bread flour
2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 cup sunflour seeds
1/2 cup rye flour
1/8 cup black chia seeds
1/8 cup rolled oats
1/8 cup barley flour
3 tbs. unsalted butter, softened
2 tbs. SAF instant Red yeast. Set bread machine to homemade setting at 10 minutes kneadding; 20 minutes rise; 5 minutes kneading; 30 minutes rise; 25 minutes bake.

Recipe #2

3/ 4 cup scalded milk
1 tbs. cooking oil
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 large egg
3/4 cup raisins, softened in hot water, then drained
2 tbs. soft butter
2 tbs. SAF Gold instan yeast

Use the same settings as the first recipe, except allow to rise for 1 hr. for the 2nd rise
When bread is done glaze with a thick mixture of powdered sugar and milk.
Hope you enjoy the recipes.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I did some digging online about yeast. The general consences is thst SAF brand, instant Red is the best workin yeat. I found a site that sells it in 1 pound packs for $4.99 US. I don't like the results I get from my new-to-me Zojarushi bread machine. The bottom, and side crusts are much darker than the top. Getting the bread out of the loaf pan is very difficult as the loaf sticks to the mixing paddles. I've taken great care to lubricate the paddles with either cooking spray, or butter. My new bread pan gives me bread that is so much better, and slides right out of the pan. I hope you have better luck with your bread machine.
For the most part, I only use my bread machine to mix and do the first rise, then I bake it in a bread pan or form into rolls, etc., and bake them on a sheet pan. The only exception is when I make herb bread for stuffing, since it doesn't matter what the loaf looks like.

Thanks for the recipes [emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom