"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 04-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #91
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
racey forum, lol!

Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 PM   #92
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSeccia View Post
Joe, I am drooling over that kitchen, and same basic layout as I have (only she has waaaaaaaaaaaay more space)! I take it from the difference in counter materials that the gold one isn't your home? What makes that sink so pricey? Love the size!
There are only two manufacturers making that multi-level sink with the shelf system, which is why it's so expensive. The Franke sink in the picture, complete with upper and lower grates, retails for $1,375.00. Cha-Ching!

The gold granite is in a customer's home, and is the highest price point granite they could buy (grade 5). Here's my kitchen (Grade 2):

... and here's my 10" deep sink ($348 at Lowes) with Kohler faucet:

We like the double bowl sink instead of the single bowl, and we really don't need the shelf system. I'm not sure why anyone needs it, but I sell them what they WANT, not necessarily what they need. Often my customers have seen something in someone else's home or a magazine or on TV, and they want one for their own.

I buy good things that will last for us, but we certainly don't need the most expensive. We like to take the extra money and go on decent vacations.

Joe

Old 04-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #93
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
So nice! I am hoping to update/remodel next winter. I may be tapping your expertise (or inviting you to dinner)!

$1350 for a sink is waaaayy rich for my blood, and I was wondering the rationale behind the stepped grid.

Thanks for sharing. It looks like you have a beautiful home. :)
Old 04-10-2008, 12:55 AM   #94
Master Chef

Don't tell me this kitchen is in Houston, TX.......it's almost the exact replica of ours....if I was home I'd send you the picture and you could judge for yourself.......it was a Perry Home built in the early 90's......oooooooh this is too eeerie......
Old 04-10-2008, 12:57 AM   #95
Master Chef

What's scary is that I have the same oak dining room furniture........Ethan Allen........
Old 04-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #96
Master Chef

If you tell me that your pantry is located to the right of the refrigerator then I know we have the same kitchen.........only yours is prettier.......mine is 20 years older
Old 04-10-2008, 06:17 AM   #97
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
If you tell me that your pantry is located to the right of the refrigerator then I know we have the same kitchen.........only yours is prettier.......mine is 20 years older
Do you mean like this?

It's the basic center hall colonial configuration that's been around since Lassie was a pup. We built ours in '92, and we opted to make the kitchen larger by decreasing the the size of the dining room which is behind the refrigerator wall. We renovated the kitchen last year with the oak floor, new light fixture above the island, new ice box, new door and drawer hardware and granite counters. This year we're shopping for the new dishwasher and range. The most used part of the kitchen is the 3' x 6' island, and it's where everyone gathers when we have family or friends over.

BTW, DW would KILL me if she knew I posted pictures of her kitchen when it was messy. Don't tell her I did this... PLEASE!?!?

Joe
Old 04-10-2008, 06:58 AM   #98
Master Chef

My lips are sealed............I'm the same way.......at least you're thinking about her.......my dining room would be thru your door to the right........and it's big enough to accomodate a table, hutch, buffet, and a curio cabinet.....it's a good size.......thanks so much for sharing......are you sure you don't want to move to Houston??? Hahaha...
Old 04-10-2008, 07:03 AM   #99
Master Chef

I really didn't answer you question did I? Yessssssssssss.....and my pantry looks just like yours.....and ya'all's is NOT messy like mine.......the only big difference is that I don't have foldable doors and I have spice shelves screwed into the pantry door which are packed........
Old 04-10-2008, 07:08 AM   #100
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
That kitchen's a mess???
He hasn't seen the pic of my living room yet has he..... :)

Tags
None