Hot dog buns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL, I always get these great offers to work for food. They're tempting, but DW doesn't like the idea of me not bringing home the bacon. Sorry, but I'll have to pass. Houston's too hot, but I could be tempted to go to Wisconsin, especially if there's some fly fishing involved. You have a bazillion lakes up there and they're all loaded with good eating fishies. I mainly fish catch & release, but I do like to eat walleye, perch and bluegills. I even have a few simple recipes for them.:LOL:

Joe

Now if you love fishing my brother in law can take you to Corpus Christi and you can flounder all you want as well as catch sal****er trout and redfish....YUM!!

Not a problem if it's two words... salt water. I guess the software reads into every word just looking for problems. Kind of reminds me of my late mother-in-law.:LOL: Gosh, all we're trying to do is make some food, not upset people with off color language.

wierd.
well at least now we know we can talk about flounder again!

Joe, I am drooling over that kitchen, and same basic layout as I have (only she has waaaaaaaaaaaay more space)! I take it from the difference in counter materials that the gold one isn't your home? What makes that sink so pricey? Love the size!

There are only two manufacturers making that multi-level sink with the shelf system, which is why it's so expensive. The Franke sink in the picture, complete with upper and lower grates, retails for $1,375.00. Cha-Ching!

The gold granite is in a customer's home, and is the highest price point granite they could buy (grade 5). Here's my kitchen (Grade 2):

img_584151_0_8e10c5e9e23d7235eb504c1b177d8c06.jpg

... and here's my 10" deep sink ($348 at Lowes) with Kohler faucet:

img_584151_1_c18853460ecb0ec689a7e937df5c7e52.jpg

We like the double bowl sink instead of the single bowl, and we really don't need the shelf system. I'm not sure why anyone needs it, but I sell them what they WANT, not necessarily what they need. Often my customers have seen something in someone else's home or a magazine or on TV, and they want one for their own.

I buy good things that will last for us, but we certainly don't need the most expensive. We like to take the extra money and go on decent vacations.

Joe

So nice! I am hoping to update/remodel next winter. I may be tapping your expertise (or inviting you to dinner)!

$1350 for a sink is waaaayy rich for my blood, and I was wondering the rationale behind the stepped grid.

Thanks for sharing. It looks like you have a beautiful home. :)

Don't tell me this kitchen is in Houston, TX.......it's almost the exact replica of ours....if I was home I'd send you the picture and you could judge for yourself.......it was a Perry Home built in the early 90's......oooooooh this is too eeerie......

If you tell me that your pantry is located to the right of the refrigerator then I know we have the same kitchen.........only yours is prettier.......mine is 20 years older

Do you mean like this?

img_584239_0_111d57e5d0416ee84e9d385b2cc4e197.jpg

It's the basic center hall colonial configuration that's been around since Lassie was a pup. We built ours in '92, and we opted to make the kitchen larger by decreasing the the size of the dining room which is behind the refrigerator wall. We renovated the kitchen last year with the oak floor, new light fixture above the island, new ice box, new door and drawer hardware and granite counters. This year we're shopping for the new dishwasher and range. The most used part of the kitchen is the 3' x 6' island, and it's where everyone gathers when we have family or friends over.

BTW, DW would KILL me if she knew I posted pictures of her kitchen when it was messy. Don't tell her I did this... PLEASE!?!?

Joe

Last edited:
My lips are sealed............I'm the same way.......at least you're thinking about her.......my dining room would be thru your door to the right........and it's big enough to accomodate a table, hutch, buffet, and a curio cabinet.....it's a good size.......thanks so much for sharing......are you sure you don't want to move to Houston??? Hahaha...

I really didn't answer you question did I? Yessssssssssss.....and my pantry looks just like yours.....and ya'all's is NOT messy like mine.......the only big difference is that I don't have foldable doors and I have spice shelves screwed into the pantry door which are packed........

That kitchen's a mess???
He hasn't seen the pic of my living room yet has he..... :)

Back
Top Bottom