Hot Turkey Sandwiches TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is a good sandwich when it's not Thanksgiving and ou really want a hot sandwich.Preheat oven to325 Take 8 slices of sourdough French bread and layer it in a buttered shallow baking dish. Layer them with sliced thin onion rings,about 1 lb. of sliced turkey breast, I cook a breast the day before. You need enough to cover the 8 slices of toast. sprinkle with salt and pepper Add slices of tomato, about 3-4 tomatos sliced and 8 Monterey Jack cheese slices. Bake 10 min.
In saucepan melt 4 Tab. of butter add 1/4 c.a/p flour, Slowly add 3 c. milk stirring til thick and smooth.Now stir in 2 c.grated Gruyere cheese til melted, add salt, white pepper and 1/8 tea. paprika. Spread sauce over each sandwich. Bake for 10 min til sauce is hot and bubbly and golden
. enjoy,
kadesma

put a turkey breast on my shoppng list
Hi Babe,
I love turkey but a full on is just to much so I get a small breast or half breast and then I can have just enough to satisfy myself for several days.
kadesma:)

What is a hot brown Mimi? I love to trade and try new ideas.
kades

It's a very popular sandwich from Kentucky made with roast turkey, tomato, bacon on white bread with a cream sauce... I saw it on Throwdown with my Bobby... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

So it's pretty much the same cept for your cheese sounds much more yummy than a plain ole whitesauce... ;):)

It's a very popular sandwich from Kentucky made with roast turkey, tomato, bacon on white bread with a cream sauce... I saw it on Throwdown with my Bobby... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

So it's pretty much the same cept for your cheese sounds much more yummy than a plain ole whitesauce... ;):)
Thanks Mimi, have to admit I love the cheese:LOL:
kades

sounds good to me, i would just like to have a few sandwiches. hope not to salty. all the packaged stuff is. :chef:

That's why I buy fresh or frozen turkey breast I make sure they are not brined and have no add injected salt. I mostly leave salt out and use somepepper and i like Mrs. Dash no added salt you will get use to it. I havee to watch salt and how much I drink each day. So make sure to try and find a halv breast and I have the butcher cut it half for me. Then I freeze half and cook the rest,You can freeze so of the cooked slices as well.
kades:)

That's why I buy fresh or frozen turkey breast I make sure they are not brined and have no add injected salt. I mostly leave salt out and use some pepper and i like Mrs. Dash no added salt you will get use to it. I haver to watch salt and how much I drink each day. So make sure to try and find a halve breast and I have the butcher cut it half for me. Then I freeze half and cook the rest,You can freeze so of the cooked slices as well.
kades:)

the only ones on my vons website were way to salty, none fresh. they did have thighs , fresh, so i bought couple of those. i prefer dark meat anyway.

bobby flay, did a hot brown on yesterday. sounds similar. gotta watch the salt in cheese though. tried to buy mrs dash at von's. did have only the hot version. oh well. :chef::chef:

the only ones on my vons website were way to salty, none fresh. they did have thighs , fresh, so i bought couple of those. i prefer dark meat anyway.

bobby flay, did a hot brown on yesterday. sounds similar. gotta watch the salt in cheese though. tried to buy mrs dash at von's. did have only the hot version. oh well. :chef::chef:
I like dark meat as well. My family tease me about the leg at Thanksgiving, calling Henery the 8th,:LOL: I hope you enjoy when you try. If you can't get your store to get you a Mrs. Dash let me know and I can send you one if you'd like.
Kades

Back
Top Bottom