How do you Bagel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
I just made one of my favorite things. An Everything bagel with plain cream cheese,hot smoked salmon (not lox),sliced shallot and capers.

How do like yours?

Breakfast today was a homemade (yesterday) onion bagel with cream cheese and lox.

Attachments

• DSC03115.jpg
    DSC03115.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 279
I am fond of the blueberry bagels sold in "deli" section of our local grocery. I am fairly certain that they are not made on premises...likely frozen. But they are good with a generous slather of cream cheese.

Hot, fresh bagels, I prefer onion or garlic or everything bagels. I'm not partial to fruit bagels. Grainy or spicy mustard with sliced tomatoes and cheese.

Pumpernickel or poppy seed bagel with real cream cheese (Not gummy Kraft ), a little finely chopped onion, mix it in the cream cheese, top with hot smoked crumbled up smoked salmon.

I could see putting cream cheese on one of those onion bagels and topping the cream cheese with a garden-fresh tomato and some chopped fresh jalapeno pepper from the garden...hmmm...maybe I better make bagels again soon!

Toasted sesame bagel with cream cheese, sliced tomatoes, and sweet onion OR pumpernickel bagel with homemade cream cheese/smoked salmon spread and chopped sweet onion.

If it's lunch, I like turkey, provolone, lettuce, and tomato on a whole wheat bagel. If it's breakfast I like the sweeter bagels (like blueberry) with cream cheese. Sometimes I eat a cinnamon bagel with dark chocolate cream cheese.

I guess I'm in the minority as far as bagels are concerned. They are for breakfast only and only with cream cheese and lox.

I guess I'm in the minority as far as bagels are concerned. They are for breakfast only and only with cream cheese and lox.

Small minority...I only eat them for breakfast, too. But, I like them mustard, veg and cheese.

Everything bagel with a good thick layer of cream cheese is my favorite. If I'm in a sweet sort of mood a cinnamon bagel with honey nut cream cheese.

I used to be able to get jalapeno bagels at the deli with cream cheese. They stopped carrying them :(. Now I like salt, garlic onion or everything bagels with cream cheese.

What kind of lox?

I usually only eat bagels at breakfast.

I order mine (because my bagel guy makes bagel crack) with butter and cream cheese usually, sometimes I add some cold smoked salmon (love sockeye and his "royal scottish").

What kind of lox?

I usually only eat bagels at breakfast.

I order mine (because my bagel guy makes bagel crack) with butter and cream cheese usually, sometimes I add some cold smoked salmon (love sockeye and his "royal scottish").

I buy cold smoked nova salmon.

I love bagel with lox. I used to order right from the factory in Washington. Cannot remember the name, it was divine. But very expensive. I would still be ordering, but the minimum order was like 20 pounds or something. I used to get a group of people and do it. But then, years, ago, Sam's started carrying lox, mediocre and inferior, but almost third of the price. Nobody wants to spend money. Cheap.
Also I like to make my own salmon cream cheese, bothhot or cold smoked, or strawberry, mmmmmm, my son likes chives, so I make that too. Russian store here sell chocolate, chocolate chip cream cheese that is awesome.

Last edited:
I don't eat bagels very often, but when I do it's always for breakfast. There's a place not far from us that makes a nice toasted bagel with lox and cream cheese. They put a few shavings of red onion and capers on theirs, which is kind of a nice touch.

I also like jalapeno & cheddar bagels with jalapeno cream cheese.

I don't much care for sweet bagels (or sweet breakfast of any kind, for that matter).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom