"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 06-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to darkstormylady
Question I want to try this, but not sure if it will work

I have a question about something I want to try but not sure what the end result might be. What I'm trying to make are cream cheese, fruit filled pancakes. My plan is to make up my batter and ladle it onto the hot griddle. Then just as soon as it's starting to set, ladle my cream cheese mixture on top of that. Then add a little more batter on top of that to "seal it in". Then I plan to flip the pancake to finish cooking on the other side. I have been unable to find a recipe even similar to this online or in any of my cookbooks. I'll admit I'm relatively new to cooking but experienced enough to think that this might actually work. I've been craving this for a week or so and I'm dying to see how it works. Has anyone on here ever made anything like this before? I don't want to make a huge mess or something that's going to turn out really nasty. Help Please?

Old 06-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

i think i would cook the pancake all the way. then put filling on one edge.fold pancake over. heat from cake should heat the filling. maybe make a bigger pancake than you normally would

babe

Old 06-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
Head Chef

Hi, try it and let us know! what is to lose. Ukrainian potato pancakes can be made that way - a layer below, meat in the middle, another layer, cooked. Well here is a youtube clip, hold on a minute! Here tis
Old 06-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
Executive Chef

If you want to do that maybe you might like to make blintzes they are crepes fill with cheese filling and then topped with hot fruit filling and a few dashes of powdered sugar to garnish.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
Master Chef

I'd try it but I don't know if I would add more batter on top. Treat the cream cheese mix like fruit. I'd pour the pancake, ladle the cream cheese and cook then flip. The batter should rise around the mix like it does fruit.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:13 AM   #6
Hospitality Queen

Jabbur had the same idea as me - I'm afraid if you cooked the first part, then put the cream cheese and more batter, you'd have an uncooked center.

Tags
cream cheese, fruit filling, pancakes