ISO hot cross bun recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XeniA

Sous Chef
Unlike others I daresay, I just LOVE citron, especially nestled in a good hot cross bun. Love it so much just brought some back from a trip to Germany, so now I'm ready ingredients-wise, but I'd like a superior recipe to what I have.

Any really experienced bread bakers out there with a recipe for a tender and sweet bun they'd like to share?

Excellent! My own little genie in a bottle. Now THAT'S what I call service!

I can get the info elsewhere I realize, but since I ought still to have two wishes: I wish you to provide me with the centigrade equivalent of "gas mark 5" if you please.

(Oh, and ... "mixed spice"? I might go wild and do cumin and mustard seed if you don't translate this for your southern neighbor as well ...)

Thanks, Daisy! Have already cut and pasted and converted to a table, so all's well. So Gas Mark 5 is 190C, right?

Mixed spice sounds yummy. Will play around a bit since I also would like at least a subtle citrus flavor.

Here's a recipe I found a while back and posted here when I was asked the same question in my Christmas pudding thread - cannot give a credit, cos I found the recipe a long time ago!

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon ginger (optional)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom