ISO recipes using crescent rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like spreading the dough with butter and then covering with sugar and cinnomin. Roll up. Bake and then make a powdered sugar like glaze to pour over. Eat while still warm from the oven.

Here's one I make all the time. I got it from one of the threads here and don't remember whose it was, but it's delicious.

MOZZARELLA MEAT PIE
(DOUBLED)
2 lb. Ground Beef
1 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Cup Chopped Celery
8 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
12 oz. Tomato Paste
8 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
Dash of Pepper
2 Cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Rolls

· Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

· Brown ground beef; do not drain. Add onion and celery; cook until tender. Add tomato paste, ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and seasonings. Separate crescent rolls and place in a baking dish, pressing perforations together to form a crust. Fill with meat mixture; top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.

I'm still playing around with the cayenne pepper measurement, but other than that it's a good recipe and a keeper in my family.

Hope you like it.

I like to make Baked Pinwheels - I unroll the crescents, take about 2 triangles of the jumbo size crescents and pinch to seal them. I use really small cubes of ham, really small pieces of red pepper and slices of provolone cheese. I put them on the crescents and then I roll them. You can slice them about 1/2 inch thick and bake them.

They are great especially for parties.

Foodfiend said:
Here's one I make all the time. I got it from one of the threads here and don't remember whose it was, but it's delicious.
· Brown ground beef; do not drain. Add onion and celery; cook until tender. Add tomato paste, ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and seasonings. Separate crescent rolls and place in a baking dish, pressing perforations together to form a crust. Fill with meat mixture; top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.

I am assuming that you are using one of the leaner grades of ground beef that does not make a pot of grease. I like this recipe and have a question about the crescent rolls. Do you bake the crust before adding the filling? Would it be like a self rising pizza dough? I always get a wonderful edge on the pizza but the part with the filling lays flat.

StirBlue said:
I am assuming that you are using one of the leaner grades of ground beef that does not make a pot of grease. I like this recipe and have a question about the crescent rolls. Do you bake the crust before adding the filling? Would it be like a self rising pizza dough? I always get a wonderful edge on the pizza but the part with the filling lays flat.

Sometimes I vary the grades of the ground beef (since I tend to double the recipe I'll usually get a pound of the leanest and a pound of chuck for a little flavor, haven't seen much grease from the meat mixture going either way), but on this recipe I use the leanest I can find; also I don't bake the crust ahead of time. I just lay them down flat, and use other parts to cover the sides, and whatever I have left over I tend to put on the bottom to reinforce the bottom. The kitchen smells real good when it is cooking up. Never tried pizza dough, though, so I might try that the next time.

Well, I've played around with something for some time... but I don't really have a formal recipe for it (I've done it a little different each time). I do have one little issue with it that I'd like to get some help on though.

I'll see if I can clean it up a bit and present it.

VaporTrail's Taco-Crescent Casserole

~2 lbs Ground Beef (leaner is better)
~1 cup Colby + Jack cheese (shredded)
~1 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
2 envelopes of Taco Seasoning (I've used the McCormick brand)
1 Medium onion chopped or diced. (I tend to use Vidalia)
1 or 2 cans of Crescent rolls (depending on size of pan you're gonna use).

Brown ground beef. Drain well
Prepare taco mix as directed on package.
In a 8x8 or 13x9 baking pan/pyrex dish combine taco meat, onion and cheese. (top with a little extra cheese if desired)
Cover with Crescent roll triangles and seal seams.

Bake in a 350*F oven for about 30 minutes or until the dough is done (it turns about the same color as your crescents usually do).

-----------------

The issue I generally have with this is that I seem to get a LOT of grease even from lean ground beef. Most of it seems to come from the cheeses during baking, as I've made a point of draining the meat as well as possible. It generally isn't much of a problem, I usually pull one serving out of a corner, tilt the pan and drain what grease I can into that corner and remove it with paper towels... but I'd rather find out if anyone knows a way to fix this.

Last edited:
I love the recipes on here. Thank you all for posting. I fill the dough with apple or pineapple filling with sprinkled powdered sugar. They're a great dessert or tea time pastry.

APPLE DUMPLINGS
1 CAN CRESCENT ROLLS

2 GRANNY SMITH APPLES
Quarter apples and microwave them for at
least two minutes
WRAP APPLES IN CRESCENT ROLLS
pUT IN BAKING DISH

MIX TOGETHER 1 1/2 CUPS SUGAR
1 STICK OF BUTTER, MELTED
2 TABLESPOONS CORNSTARCH
MIX AND SPREAD ON TOP OF APPLES
POUR ONE 12 OUNCE CAN OF MOUNTAIN DEW ON TOP.
BAKE 45 MINUTES IN 350 DEGREE OVEN.
THESE ARE WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFULLY BROWN
WITH A WONDERFUL THICK SAUCE WHEN DONE
YOU CAN USE PART BROWN SUGAR AND WHITE
SUGAR IF YOU WISH, AND ADD SOME CINNAMON
TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR INSTEAD OF ALL
WHITE SUGAR.
I use 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar
and add cinnamon to taste.
I do not microwave the apples, as they cook
while they are baking.
When you wrap the cresent roll dough around the
apples, keep the side with the most dough "up"
in your baking dish. I use a 9 x 13 glass dish
sprayed with Pam.

GrannyG said:
APPLE DUMPLINGS
1 CAN CRESCENT ROLLS

2 GRANNY SMITH APPLES
Quarter apples and microwave them for at
least two minutes
WRAP APPLES IN CRESCENT ROLLS
pUT IN BAKING DISH

MIX TOGETHER 1 1/2 CUPS SUGAR
1 STICK OF BUTTER, MELTED
2 TABLESPOONS CORNSTARCH
MIX AND SPREAD ON TOP OF APPLES
POUR ONE 12 OUNCE CAN OF MOUNTAIN DEW ON TOP.
BAKE 45 MINUTES IN 350 DEGREE OVEN.
THESE ARE WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFULLY BROWN
WITH A WONDERFUL THICK SAUCE WHEN DONE
YOU CAN USE PART BROWN SUGAR AND WHITE
SUGAR IF YOU WISH, AND ADD SOME CINNAMON
TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR INSTEAD OF ALL
WHITE SUGAR.
I use 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar
and add cinnamon to taste.
I do not microwave the apples, as they cook
while they are baking.
When you wrap the cresent roll dough around the