Sloppy Joe Squares
1 pound ground beef
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 package Sloppy Joe seasoning mix
2 Tablespoons onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 8oz. cans crescent dinner rolls
1 cup American cheese, grated
1. In large skillet, brown ground beef, drain. Stir in tomato sauce, seasoning mix, onion, and salt.
2. Separate dough into 2 large rectangles pressing over bottom of 13 x 9 inch greased baking dish.
3. Spoon meat mixture over dough, sprinkle cheese over meat. Place remaining rectangles over cheese, completely covering mixture. Brush with milk.
4. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. To serve, cut in squares.
Cream Cheese Danish
2 6 oz. cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1 large egg, separate out yolks
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
1. Unroll 1 can of rolls; press into a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan.
2. Beat egg yolk and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; spread over crescent roll dough in pan.
3. Unroll remaining can of crescent rolls on a sheet of wax paper; press into a 13x9 inch rectangle. Place over cream cheese mixture.
4. Whisk egg white; brush over roll dough. Sprinkle with pecans.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar, and cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.