King Arthur Flour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

passioncook

Assistant Cook
I use KA flour (both unbleached white and bread) but have just made the switch the last couple of months. Has anyone noticed having to add a tiny bit more liquid to ingredients when using this brand of flour? Maybe the flour is finer and measures more than other brands? I've especially noticed it with my breadmaking. I really like it, but I was just wondering if it was me or anyone else had to make some adjustments. :chef:

Hmmm, I switched to KA bread flour (white, unbleached organic, I think) and I noticed I have to add less water than with the four I was using before. It's more humid here than it is in MO so maybe that is the difference but I definitely have had to adjust the liquids in my bread.

Where's Katie E? She's one of the baking gurus here and I think she uses KA exclusively.

Like Fisher's Mom, I exclusively use King Arthur flour, passioncook. However, since I bake by weight, using an electronic scale, I can't address your question. As for the "region," I'm in far western Kentucky, so I would guess we enjoy a similar climate. I've been using King Arthur flour for years and years and love it. I can't imagine using any other brand of flour.

All flour can vary slightly as to the amount of water they absorb. It can vary from batch to batch of flour from the same brand. I bake bread most weeks by weight and I notice differences from week to week.

yes, I add water to my KA whole wheat traditional flour, much more then the recipes call for. Can't speak about the white flour, but ww definitely.

I love King Arthur flour esp. the white wheat. I always use a recipe as an approx. guide and then based on the consistency add more flour or liquid depending on what's necessary. Usually I end up using a bit more flour if anything---maybe because of Houston's humidity. By the way, KA has a wonderful sandwich bread recipe that makes the most wonderful toast.

Back
Top Bottom