Lavash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaheen

Senior Cook
Hey everyone!
Has anyone tried making lavash? The crispy stick type that is had as a cracker with cheese. I like mine with lots os sesame, dipped in hummus. I tried making it from a recipe I found online but didn't get the expected results. They browned unevenly and were quite soft. If I baked it any longer it would burn. But when I rolled it out thick they turned out well. What should I do to make it thin and crisp?

The lavash is not always thin. Like armenians make it some what thick, oh, about an inch or so, that is like 2.5 - 3 sanitimeters. Also if it cooked unevenly then it is the oven problem. You may want to try to turn it around couple of times during cooking. i love lavash, never made atempt to make one. The real lavash must be made in real clay or brick oven, like the pizza oven. Hm, maybe i should try to make it, I do make pizza at home after all. Good luck.

Hi Shaheen, I have a flatbread recipe that sounds like the texture you are looking for. As Charlie stated the lavash can have many different textures the one I have tried was also slightly puffy and soft.

I will dig out the recipe and send it to you as a Private Message.

Yakuta said:
Hi Shaheen, I have a flatbread recipe that sounds like the texture you are looking for. As Charlie stated the lavash can have many different textures the one I have tried was also slightly puffy and soft.

I will dig out the recipe and send it to you as a Private Message.

Thanks a lot. You are really sweet! :)

If it is copyright, it can't be copied here unfortunately.
A recipe can't be copyrighted; a delineated list of ingredients and steps. The 'presentation' of a recipe can be; specific descripitve or artististic langauage associated with the recipe.

Well, I just went to get my lovash recipe and found out it's another one that was lost when my hard drive crashed!!! D-mn! I hope someone can post a tried and true one - geez, this just infuriates me!!!

Hi Charlie I did. Let me know if you want it too. I can send you a Private message. It's a recipe I got from someone who attended Culinary Institute of America. I have 3 or 4 recipes that were handed to my aunt by the individual and these are ones that were aired on Baking with Julia by some of the top chefs of the world. I treasure these recipes and I have memorized the Challah recipe which comes out fantastic everytime.

I don't want to publish it here with changes (takes too much time) but I can send it to you if you'd like.

Yakuta, your p.m. box is full!!! Can't send a request to you, but could you p.m. the recipe, please?? Thanks so much.
jean

(guess more than a few of us wanted to take advantage, eh???? : ) )

I roll my lavoche through my pasta roller to get it very thin. Works great.

Pepper lavoche

10 oz flour
1 tsp ground pepper
½ tsp sea salt
½ cup water
¼ cup scant lemon juice
¼ cup scant olive oil

Blend in food processor rest one hour. Roll through the pasta machine cut to size bake 375 for 15 minutes or so.

Last edited:
D_Blackwell said:
A recipe can't be copyrighted; a delineated list of ingredients and steps. The 'presentation' of a recipe can be; specific descripitve or artististic langauage associated with the recipe.

I totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom