Lobster Roll recipe???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure how red lobster does their rolls, but here in Maine they are done on square hot dog rolls (the type with the sides cut off), which are grilled until lightly toasted. Basically not much is done with the lobster other than add just a slight amount of mayo because you don't want that lovely taste to be masked by anything else. Most the lobster is in large chunks, NOT chopped fine. I'm sure other New Englanders' will add more to your thread.

Not sure how red lobster does their rolls, but here in Maine they are done on square hot dog rolls (the type with the sides cut off), which are grilled until lightly toasted. Basically not much is done with the lobster other than add just a slight amount of mayo because you don't want that lovely taste to be masked by anything else. Most the lobster is in large chunks, NOT chopped fine. I'm sure other New Englanders' will add more to your thread.
oh yum..there goes the diet:rolleyes:

Shouldn't be too fattening, it's only a toasted roll, and a very slight amount of mayo. Try using light mayo if that is better for you.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - my mind went straight to the Cheddar Biscuits! LOL

IMHO if you don't have those square-ish hot dog buns you just can't make them! LOL

Here is one - I like the use of Dijon mustard in it.

I REALLY like the use of tarragon in this one - and it shows a picture of the rolls you MUST use :chef::LOL: Tarragon and lobster were just meant for each other!

i agree with ambuh; nevermind the salt lick known as red lobster (imo).

just chunks of lobster, barely enough mayo to coat (maybe even less), and if you want a little more flavor, add a pinch of chopped celery. served on a soft hot-dog style bun.

i've also had them sans mayo, with just lobster drizzled with clarified butter. but that not the traditional way, as i understand.

The roll should be toasted and buttered. The meat should be in substantial chunks. A touch of mayo, a pinch of salt, a smattering of minched celery.

If someone served me a lobster roll with tarragon in it, I'd cry bloody murder because I hate tarragon. I've actually never had this happen, luckily, as they don't add much in the way of herbs here in New England. If you like it, though, definitely add it... or other herbs.

:chef:some nor'easteners beware...Maine lobster on a just fried 'pistolette roll'-wee-bit of mayo-salt-celery leaves...now I know our friends in Maine have it 'downpat'...just try a 'pistolette'-a Creole yeast roll for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom