Microwave English Muffin Loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbarainnc

Senior Cook
;);)Microwave English Muffin Loaf

Grease a glass loaf pan (8.5X4.5) then sprinkle with cornmeal.

In a bowl put : 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1/8 t. baking soda
Mix the dry ingredients.
Heat 1 cup milk and 1/4 c water to 120*-130*.
Add the wet to the dry ingredients. Stir well, put in the prepared pan, sprinkle with a little cornmeal on top. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.

Bake in the microwave for 3:48 -1200 watts
5:03 - 900 watts
5:41 - 800 watts
After baking let rest for 5 minutes, cool on a wire rack.
The bread won't be brown, just slice and put in the toaster. Makes great cinnamon toast or sandwiches. I doubled the recipe and made 2 loaves today!!! Bake loaves one at a time if recipe is doubled.

;);)Microwave English Muffin Loaf

Grease a glass loaf pan (8.5X4.5) then sprinkle with cornmeal.

In a bowl put : 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1/8 t. baking soda
Mix the dry ingredients.
Heat 1 cup milk and 1/4 c water to 120*-130*.
Add the wet to the dry ingredients. Stir well, put in the prepared pan, sprinkle with a little cornmeal on top. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.

Bake in the microwave for 3:48 -1200 watts
5:03 - 900 watts
5:41 - 800 watts
After baking let rest for 5 minutes, cool on a wire rack.
The bread won't be brown, just slice and put in the toaster. Makes great cinnamon toast or sandwiches. I doubled the recipe and made 2 loaves today!!! Bake loaves one at a time if recipe is doubled.

Hi Barbarainnc,
I have no doubt whatsoever that I am about to incur the wrath of other posters but, in the UK, a loaf is a very different product from a muffin.

A "muffin" is approximately 3 inches in diameter, 1/2 to 1 inch deep and made using muffin rings. Traditionally, it is split in half on the horizontal, toasted and buttered and served at tea-time or used for something like "Eggs Benedict". It is a yeasted dough.

A "loaf" is also a yeasted dough (may indeed be a very similar mixture/recipe to a muffin) which can be freeform like a plaited loaf or the dough may be placed in 1 pound or 2 pound "loaf" tins, sliced vertically and used for toast, sandwiches, melba toast, Welsh Rarebit, Bread and Butter Pudding, etc.

All the best,
Archiduc

Hi, Archiduc. For the most part, we have the same definitions, but I have also seen a muffin loaf that has the open texture of an English muffin in the shape of a loaf of bread. My BIL and his wife sent us a baked goods package for Christmas a couple of times - from this company.

Hi, Archiduc. For the most part, we have the same definitions, but I have also seen a muffin loaf that has the open texture of an English muffin in the shape of a loaf of bread. My BIL and his wife sent us a baked goods package for Christmas a couple of times - from this company.

i have bought english muffin bread in the grocery store. not sure of brand and they don't have it all the time. it is yummy. gotta try yours gotgarlic.

babe:chef:

Isn't 120-130 F a little too hot for yeast? I never use liquid hotter than 110 F for any of my yeasted recipes.

All of the dry ingredients are stirred together, the yeast is coated by them, then the liquid is added. The yeast will not be killed. I have made this bread many times this way, no problems. Try it, hope you like it!!! :) :) :) :)

Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom