"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 01-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

My chicken pie!!

AZALIA AND ALSO FOR MY DC FELLOWS & FRIENDS.

Would you like to have the recipe???
One of my fellows on TFL "Azalia" asked me to share the recipe, of course, I had no problem with that , these requests from my friends make me happy , and i promised her to put the recipe next day!! And I did not, bad bad bad girl!!!
Dear fellow here you are the recipe and pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase forgive me !!! I am always tooooooo late. first of all the ingredients:-first for the dough: -3 cups all purpose flour. -2 tbls sugar. -5 tbls of powdered milk. -1and half tspn of instant yeast. -1/3 cup of oil. -pinch of salt. -cup and half of warm water. make the dough and knead it well then leave it till double or triple in volume.at the meanwhile prepare the staffing...
The ingredients:- -half a kilo of chiken fillet"breast meat". -vegetables "onions, potatoes, carrots, green, yellow and red pepper. -salt and pepper. Ah I added to the dough, 2 tbls of dried origano.
for topping :-250 gr. of cream - 4 tbls mayo. -1 tspn of mustard. -5 tbls of cream cheese. I stir fried the chicken after cutting it into strips,in a pan over high heat with a tbls of butter and a little of olive oil. I added gradually the vegetables in this order, carrots, potatoes, I forgot to tell you about green beans, then onions , and the pepper. I adjusted the taste and after finishing I added a good amount of green parsley. Let the staffing cool . After the fermentation of the dough , start working.I divided the dough to 1/3 and 2/3 the 2/3 for the ground of the pie , I used a tart mould with removable bottom, and then pour the staffing, then mixing the topping and spreading it over the staffing..I rolled the remaining dough and shaped it using a special roll and put it on the top of my pie , made an egg wash , let the pie for 20 minutes then baked it!!
I did it twice in one week,
first time:
Second time:-
Finally, I am asking you a favor!!! Enjoy it BUT....do not laugh at me because of my ENGLISH LANGUAGE!!! THANK you for not laughing at me.
Chahira
Alexandria-Egypt.

chahira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Assistant Cook

the second's time pic

Old 01-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

I missed you all!!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Wow!! That is gorgeous. It looks so good. Thanks for sharing!

Barb
Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
Executive Chef

That looks amazing!!! Sooo pretty, looks like a piece of art!! Thank you for sharing

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
Head Chef

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe! It looks so delicious and beautiful. I've never made a crust for a chicken pie using yeast, but it sounds like a good idea. I'll try it.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #7
Senior Cook

That looks almost too beautiful to eat. I'll bet it is delicious. And I would never make fun of your english. That just means you speak at least one more language than I do and that is something to be proud of.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:05 AM   #8
Assistant Cook

Thank you all , you are such amazing people, It is rare that i post thread on DC , but your kind words and encouragements make me feel that i have to be more present.
I will share with you pics and recipes as much as I can.
Love you all !
Old 05-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

Fancy!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
Master Chef

As always, Chahira, you have created art from food. If it tastes as beautiful as it looks (and I'm sure it does), it must be heavenly.

Tags
None