"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 11-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Shoot, I forgot to tell DEELADY that if she's going to fry, they need to rise like the pizza nap. has to.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Oye vey!! What a night! First let me tell you what my INTENTIONS where..... I was going to make half the dough into mini deep fried pizza dough bites, with deep fried pepperoni chips topped with grated romano, served with a marinara dipping sauce and a sausage and three cheese pizza dip....we just wanted a little feast of apps while we relaxed and watch TV....well right when I was about to freeze half my dough how you guys suggested we received some unexpected guests and their 3 kids....they devoured EVERYTHING! I ended up cooking up ALL the dough, an extra package of pepperoni and extra sauce and we still barely got to taste anything! By the time they left, all we were left with was a MESS

To top it off I had a huge bowl of Halloween candy on my dinning table left from trick-or-treaters.....I kid you not, after they were gone not a single candy was left! I guess to look on the brite side, that is all the more candy I won't eat myself!

But thank you anyways for all the help and suggestions! At least I know for next time how to freeze my pizza dough!!

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:08 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Nice guests. Did they at least say, "thank you" for raiding your
house? Did they say they thought you were the local food bank?
Sorry, dee.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Yes, they did say at least Thank you....

Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #15
Head Chef

Very poor manners on the part of your friends, unless that's how you would do to them. We have three children and would never consider just "showing up" with our crumb snatchers, much less with grumbling bellies. Did they bring ANYTHING to share with you? If not, you should send them a gift certificate for charm school; they need to polish their social skills.

You certainly get martyr points for that fiasco.

Just my opinion...your mileage may vary.

JoeV
Old 11-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Well they called and said they were in the neighborhood and wanted to stop by for a "minute" to say hi. DF said that we were about to eat dinner...and brother (yes unfortunately it was family!) said oh we arent going to stay we just want to say hi real quick. HA!
I was just about done cooking when they all arrived....I wasn't about to not offer any since they were apps (even though they were meant as our dinner) and I surely didn't think they would eat them ALL! So I then anounced, "Well I guess I need to make more!" when the platter was cleaned.....I ended up cooking 3 more batches! Only reason I kept making more was I thought my Fiance was also eating while I was in the kitchen...didn't find out till over an hour later that he had NOT eaten
I know I know...its our own fault for not speaking up
What finaly got them to leave was when I said to our daughter "oh wow its WAY past your bed time!!" ....in actuality it was only 15 minutes past her bed time!
So we ended up eating the rest of the dip....WITH CRACKERS *sigh*

Old 11-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #17
Master Chef

So, when do you get to return the favor?

But you just might be able to, without being mean spirited about it. You might call them and suggest that you share a Thanksgiving meal with them, at their house. Then, volunteer to bring what you want to bring. That leaves them with the cost and task of preparing the turkey, the stuffing, and other such items. Of course, don't do this unless they can roast the bird as well as you can.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:44 AM   #18
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
So, when do you get to return the favor?

But you just might be able to, without being mean spirited about it. You might call them and suggest that you share a Thanksgiving meal with them, at their house. Then, volunteer to bring what you want to bring. That leaves them with the cost and task of preparing the turkey, the stuffing, and other such items. Of course, don't do this unless they can roast the bird as well as you can.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Brilliant! It's good to know I'm not the only one with creative ideas around here.

I was going to suggest that me, Middie and Homecook do a road trip and show up very hungry with deelady. I'll even bring a bottle of "Two Buck Chuck" so we don't look like moochers. We can be back in Cleveland in a couple of hours and deelady can be vindicated (not to mention we can be fed as well!).

Joseph the Creative
Old 11-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #19
Master Chef

yeah, you can freeze it.......then watch it as it freezes out................pizza is wonderful stuff.......just don't get your hubby or boyfriend hooked on it or you'll never go out again...........wise advice from a wise-a.....ok I'm being good.......just listen to auntie expat.............I will NOT steer you ladies wrong..........
Old 11-10-2008, 10:11 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
yeah, you can freeze it.......then watch it as it freezes out................pizza is wonderful stuff.......just don't get your hubby or boyfriend hooked on it or you'll never go out again...........wise advice from a wise-a.....ok I'm being good.......just listen to auntie expat.............I will NOT steer you ladies wrong..........

Too funny, I'll be sure to Royally mess up a dish here and there just to assure him to always take me out from time to time!

Also, I think thats what we should start calling you! Auntie Expat!

Tags
None