"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches
Old 12-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
Does anyone use a bread slicing guide for homemade bread? Can you recommend one you like? My slices don't always come out straight, which makes it a pain to make sandwiches sometimes Thanks.

The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote

bread, recipe

New Bread Machine..Or Me? My guys picked me up this goodie. [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CBK-200-Convection-Automatic-Breadmaker/dp/B0009VELTQ"]Amazon.com: Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Pound Convection Automatic Breadmaker: Kitchen & Dining[/URL] Here I'm trying to downgrade the kitchen. They couldn't pass up a good deal. They said I needed another one. My eye! They want more bread! Fancy bread at that.:lol: I tried my TNT recipe that works well with my other bread maker in this model. Just a simple 1Lb loaf. Picked the correct settings. It did what it should have.. I think. It didn't come with a manual. I have it on a PDF. Read that. Ok, on track so far. Everything was fine until it went into bake cycle. When I checked on it the whole loaf had deflated like a flat tire. It was so funny. I was shocked. Laughed it off anyways. Looked like a sink hole.:rofl: let it finish baking. My other bread maker isn't a convection. So what happened with that loaf? It cooked to a nice med brown crust. Evenly cooked on all sides. What do you call flatness in techie terms. I'm not a baker. All of the ingredients were fresh. Are Convection bread makers that different from the standard models? Did I miss a secret tip along the way? Here's the TNT I usually use. 1C. warm water 2T. sugar 1 package of yeast. Let it rest until it foams Then I add the rest of the ingredients and let it go. 1/4 C Vegetable oil 3C AP flour 1Tsp salt Last night I added the liquids first. Then the rest. Just like the video showed. They ate it anyways. Said it tasted the same as the other. Open for suggestions. Munky. 3 stars 1 reviews