New England Hot Dog Buns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mmmm, i love ipswich clams. shell 'em, peel the skin, dip in hot clam broth then clarified butter, and then you can apologize to granny.

ok, maybe after a dozen. you wouldn't want to talk with your mouth full.

you would love a cookbook that i picked up in kennebunkport, the new england clam shack cookbook. it not only has recipes, but names and addresses of "shacks" up and down the new england coast.

The New England Clam Shack Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Brooke Dojny: 9781603420266: Amazon.com: Books

i'll have to look to see if they have a bun/roll recipe, to get back on topic.

mmmm, i love ipswich clams. shell 'em, peel the skin, dip in hot clam broth then clarified butter, and then you can apologize to granny.

ok, maybe after a dozen. you wouldn't want to talk with your mouth full.

you would love a cookbook that i picked up in kennebunkport, the new england clam shack cookbook. it not only has recipes, but names and addresses of "shacks" up and down the new england coast.

The New England Clam Shack Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Brooke Dojny: 9781603420266: Amazon.com: Books

i'll have to look to see if they have a bun/roll recipe, to get back on topic.

I can't imagine eating any seafood salad in any bun other than the New England type hot dog bun. It is one of the few breads I eat the whole of. And when it is buttered and toasted on a grill, it gets even better. I could eat a toasted New England type hot dog bun all alone empty. :angel:

that description seems kinda odd to me.

almost all of the store bought hot dog buns that i buy are baked in close proximity so that the sides are a bit white and still slightly comnnected as such, not with the (somewhat negligible) crust.

the only difference, imo, is how they're split.

am i missing something?

BT. Just google hot dog buns and click on images. The description may be odd but there is a definite difference.

yeah, i see.

new england style are a little more square-ish, and of course, split on the top.

i found that you can buy a baking pan just to make that special shape for the new england style buns.

so, in effect, andy, are you telling me that you and addie have square buns? :ermm:

;)

Chief, that is a great idea. I get stuck on somethings sometimes. I think I will make some corn dogs without the corn of course.

yeah, i see.

new england style are a little more square-ish, and of course, split on the top.

i found that you can buy a baking pan just to make that special shape for the new england style buns.

so, in effect, andy, are you telling me that you and addie have square buns? :ermm:

;)

Where did you find that, my first post? :LOL:

yeah, i see.

;)

You are so fresh! I will have you know at my age, my buns are rather plump. Oh, you mean hot dog buns! :angel:

Ummm. Why do I have a feeling this discussion has turned into one more about anatomy than umm yeasty buns made of flour?

This often happens around here...conversations go off on a tangent. I think in a former life we were all class clowns...

Or laughter is the best medicine...I see you are or have taken anatomy, what are you studying in school?

This often happens around here...conversations go off on a tangent. I think in a former life we were all class clowns...

Or laughter is the best medicine...I see you are or have taken anatomy, what are you studying in school?

If she were a guy, she'd be studying hot buns (pun intended). As a woman, I'm inclined to think she might be studying the pectoralis major, the hsape of the gastronemius, and the vastus-lateralis, the rectus-femoris, and the sartorius, maybe even the Latisimus Dorsi. But that's just a guess.:mrgreen: (Yeh, I took a class in physiology way back in 1974.)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

If she were a guy, she'd be studying hot buns (pun intended). As a woman, I'm inclined to think she might be studying the pectoralis major, the hsape of the gastronemius, and the vastus-lateralis, the rectus-femoris, and the sartorius, maybe even the Latisimus Dorsi. But that's just a guess.:mrgreen: (Yeh, I took a class in physiology way back in 1974.)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I took anatomy, I studied for nursing. Just interested in Major choice.

but in keeping with this thread, i could use some love, and a lobster roll, or hot dog on a split top roll.

i know my boston compatriots, heavy on the patriots, have my back on this.

or more importantly, their own take. that's what makes us great.

he hee, i'm on a roll.

a split top, soft sided roll. :yum:

where in the hell is the lobstah and a cold sam adams already?

Back
Top Bottom