New (to me) varieties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of times bread doesn't rise because it wasn't kneaded long enough. usually 8- 10 min until bread is silky smooth. This could account for the big holes too since the gases would still be trapped or not distributed throughout the bread evenly.

Just a thought.;)

A lot of times bread doesn't rise because it wasn't kneaded long enough. usually 8- 10 min until bread is silky smooth. This could account for the big holes too since the gases would still be trapped or not distributed throughout the bread evenly.

Just a thought.;)

Not only was it kneaded long enough, but it was also rolled out with a rolling pin before the sausage and cheese was spread. This was then rolled tightly and allowed to rise a second time for one hour before baking. This explosive off-gassing occurred AFTER it was put into a 400 F oven for 30 minutes. I believe that the assumption that the grease from the sausage and the melted cheese created the environment that prohibited any gasses from escaping through the dough.

Time to go beddy-bye. Night-night kids!:-p See y'all in the morning.

Joe - you gave it to the dog??????? That breaks my heart!!! I'm curious as to what you will do differently the next time. The weight of the cheese and meat surely is the culprit - but it doesn't make it "bad" - it's just the nature of it. I'm sure it played a huge part in the way it didn't rise on the counter too. So, what will you do differently? Was the bread done, per se? Just the holes? And doesn't salami give off some gas, which could also be the culprit? It's funny how one person sees ugly and another person sees beautiful! :LOL:

LOL Joe - I took too long to type - I had to "refill" - sorry! I just want you to make another one and I'll be right up to get it!

Joe - you gave it to the dog??????? That breaks my heart!!!

Sorry about your heart, darlin', but the dog loves me unconditionally, and every now and then I have to show her love in return.

I'm curious as to what you will do differently the next time.
I can't promise there will be a next time. The devastation may have been more than my ego can stand. Me and sausage breads may part company for a long, long time. It's just too soon tell.

It's funny how one person sees ugly and another person sees beautiful!
Yup, that's why I have a dog.

(Doesn't this have the makings of a C&W song? We just need to get a long-haul truck in here somehow.)

JoeV

Joe I work in a bakery, and the same thing happens all the time when making pepperoni bread.
It still looks good to me !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom