"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 08-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #381
Assistant Cook

I am sure that would give the liquid you need but the flavor might not be there. I don't think it is the sparkle that you need but the flavor. would the alergens cook out in the oven?? if you rty the sparkling water let us know how it turns out.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #382
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbookie View Post
I am sure that would give the liquid you need but the flavor might not be there. I don't think it is the sparkle that you need but the flavor. would the alergens cook out in the oven?? if you rty the sparkling water let us know how it turns out.
people always ask me that, if I cook out the beer in a fryer or bake it or cook it out wouldn't that then be okay? Um, I'm not going to do that to find out. The doctor never told me that it would be okay to do any of those methods. I think the reason why=he doesn't know what about the beer I'm allergic to, only knows next time, it'll be the third time, and it'll be my last.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #383
Assistant Cook

That is scary, I must say. So I would stick to the original recipe. it is so good as it is.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #384
Master Chef

If I want extra flavor, I just add dried herbs or spices. Even pepperoni is good .
Old 08-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #385
Executive Chef

oh and I do. the things I've tossed in my many times of making are almost scary, but oh soooooooooo good
Old 08-24-2008, 01:22 AM   #386
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I LOVE the pictoral aspect this site has - LOVE IT!

No knead pizza dough and lots of good recipes...ok, back to bread. It's now time to try this

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #387
Head Chef

I'll admit it, I read all the posts in this thread. I hope it is okay to bring this thread up again--old new but good news.

Started some bread yesterday morning, prepared the towel and basket and dough this morning. It's going in the oven in a half hour!

Then, I started another loaf last night, which I want to try tonight, and I may add cheese, tomatoes, herbs (my buddy herb) from the garden, mmmmmmmm I'm so excited!

I'll report back my progress.

The first loaf, in an oblong casserole w/cover, turned out very even, dense, nice, mmmm.
The second one I put in cheddar cheese, basil, and fresh chopped romas. The crust was harder but still good, the inside moist, dense, even. I even brought some to share at work today. MMMM, I'll make this again.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #388
Chef Extraordinaire

I just flopped my second try at this bread in the DO. What a fiasco.
Even though I had rubbed flour into the towel and sprinkled even more on, following two sets of instructions trying to get it right this time, the bread stuck to the towel. It had soaked right into it from looking at the wetspot on the inderside. And of course all that shaking was dumping all the excess flour into the DO.... not sure what will happen there, if it will burn or not, but it smelled like it was. Anyway, I scraped the remaining dough off the towel and through it in on top.

I'm wondering if I need a different recipe, one that isn't so "moist". I couldn't get this dough into a ball either, so the "seam side down" in the instructions once again had no bearing on the glop I've been nurturing since yesterday this time.

But, the end result is not yet here, so we'll see...
Old 09-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #389
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I just flopped my second try at this bread in the DO. What a fiasco.
Even though I had rubbed flour into the towel and sprinkled even more on, following two sets of instructions trying to get it right this time, the bread stuck to the towel. It had soaked right into it from looking at the wetspot on the inderside. And of course all that shaking was dumping all the excess flour into the DO.... not sure what will happen there, if it will burn or not, but it smelled like it was. Anyway, I scraped the remaining dough off the towel and through it in on top.

I'm wondering if I need a different recipe, one that isn't so "moist". I couldn't get this dough into a ball either, so the "seam side down" in the instructions once again had no bearing on the glop I've been nurturing since yesterday this time.

But, the end result is not yet here, so we'll see...
what recipe were you using ? I've noticed there were several versions of NYT bread recipes.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #390
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
I LOVE the pictoral aspect this site has - LOVE IT!

No knead pizza dough and lots of good recipes...ok, back to bread. It's now time to try this
Go for it KE !

Tags
None