"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 07-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Hi Ella.

I don't have a panini maker, mostly use the broiler, grille, or a heavy dish on the sammy in a skillet. A couple of ideas... monte cristos, eggplant is a fave here as well - eggplant, fresh mozzarella (boccocinni (sp) or provalone, arugala or basil leaves, roasted peppers - artichoke hearts, tuna and dill mayo (fresh grilled tuna is best) - mozzarella, tomatoes (sun-dried is good too) and basil leaves. Nutella goes a long way. If you want a dessert-type panini, try chocolate and thinly sliced strawberries. Personally, I prefer the usual sammich fixin's. Hope that helps.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
A panini is just a sandwich. Put whatever you want in them.

You could try a Cuban. Use a crusty bread, such as the size used for submarine sandwiches, or a larger one you can cut into two pieces. Layer thinly sliced roast pork, ham and swiss cheese. Add some sliced kosher dill pickles. Brush the outsides of the roll with melted butter and go!

You could also try porvolone, genoa salami and sweet or hot capacola. Or, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, basil and tomato.

You get the idea!

I love all of these ideas, Andy! The next time I heat up the Panini Press I'm gonna do Reubens - my husband's favorite sammie!

I'm also creating a breakfast sammich in my head - should be easy to do & quicker than what I usually do.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Panini

Quote:
Originally Posted by mish
Hi Ella.

I don't have a panini maker, mostly use the broiler, grille, or a heavy dish on the sammy in a skillet. A couple of ideas... monte cristos, eggplant is a fave here as well - eggplant, fresh mozzarella (boccocinni (sp) or provalone, arugala or basil leaves, roasted peppers - artichoke hearts, tuna and dill mayo (fresh grilled tuna is best) - mozzarella, tomatoes (sun-dried is good too) and basil leaves. Nutella goes a long way. If you want a dessert-type panini, try chocolate and thinly sliced strawberries. Personally, I prefer the usual sammich fixin's. Hope that helps.
Thanks Mish....sounds greeeeeaaaattt!!!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #14
Executive Chef

You're very welcome, ella

These are hard to resist:

http://www.sreweb.com/receipts.htm

http://ww1.williams-sonoma.com/sch/r...tVar=submitted

Happy Panini-ing.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:26 AM   #15
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Oh, really... I did catch you red handed the other day!!

! not only did you catch me in your nutella jar, but now everyone knows I'm really a squirrel!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:54 AM   #16
Senior Cook

ella/TO: What do you have specifically in equipment? You have a press and an indoor panini grill? What brands? And do you find them handy and good to operate?
I'm asking because I am looking into purchasing an indoor panini indoor grill machine with which I can make the sandwiches and also grill indoors.
Thanks.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #17
Sous Chef

Panini

Hello Pete: I have an All Clad grill that fits on top of my smooth top electric range, and I have a "press".....I have not yet made a panini , but hope to soon.....lazy I guess....sorry I couldn't help you further....

Tags
None