Photos of my Italian bread--please look!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YorkieMominFL said:
I just started learning to bake Italian Bread. Here is a link to photos of my 2nd attempt. www.pbase.com/snap2it/cooking_photos Please let me know what you think
Thanks, Pamela
hi Pamela - your bread looks ovely and and I thank U for posting pix. However, a pix of the *interior* of the the bread would help all of us. In my experience, the exterior of a bread can look great but the *interior* is what really tells us that the bread has developed and been baked properly.

subfuscpersona said:
hi Pamela - your bread looks ovely and and I thank U for posting pix. However, a pix of the *interior* of the the bread would help all of us. In my experience, the exterior of a bread can look great but the *interior* is what really tells us that the bread has developed and been baked properly.

Thanks subfuscpersona! That loaf is long gone, in fact I have made several more loaves since that post. I will be sure to post a photo of the *interior* the next time I bake one!

Pamela

Pamela: I just wondered what recipe you used. And I noticed it was a baggette and wondered if you used a baggette pan. Also when you took the dough out of the bread maker did you let it rise first, then cut it into two? And then let rise again? Did you coat the top with water or egg wash? What was the oven temp? And time? And did you use water spray or ice cubes in the oven? Stuff like that. Did the crust come out crispy? How did you do that?
Thanks for the info. The bread looked great!
pck

Pam: Oh, I have found the recipe on page two. I missed it the first time. Let me look it over and see what I cn do here.
Will let you know.

Hey Pete...........this is too strange! I just read your post a few minutes ago and I just happen to be making a loaf of this bread at this very moment!!! Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Pamela:chef:

Pam:
No, no more questions. I read your directions and they are clear. The only thing I am doing differently is making three baggettes insead of one large loaf. And, I will take the dough out of the machine; kneed the dough; and form three baggettes. Put them on a sheet pan with corn meal and let them rise. When they do I will slice the tops and coat them and put them into the oven. (Without a second rise.)
I will to see how this little "system' works. I want to see what kind of bread this produces.
I am also purchasing baggette pans of different sizes for my bread so they won't spread out and remain nice and tall. This will make a lot of difference.
I use a pan with ice cubes at the beginning. I like a nice crusty crust. But I would like to get more bubbles (air holes) in the bread and am trying to find out how you do that.
We'll talk again.
Will try again after this hurricane goes by!
pk

Back
Top Bottom