Photos of my Rustic Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great, could hollow it out and fill it with a good spinach/artichoke dip! But right now I am drooling thinking of hollowing it out and filling it with chili, topping with loads of cheese and onions, then tearing into it!
Nice job on the bread!

Looks great, could hollow it out and fill it with a good spinach/artichoke dip! But right now I am drooling thinking of hollowing it out and filling it with chili, topping with loads of cheese and onions, then tearing into it!
Nice job on the bread!
I have done the chili in bowl, it is heavenly :chef:

I started making this bread about a week ago and now I am totally hooked too! I've been making a loaf about every other day. It also works great substituting whole wheat flour for part of the flour. Now I really wish I had another dutch oven so that I could make two loaves at a time!

I started making this bread about a week ago and now I am totally hooked too! I've been making a loaf about every other day. It also works great substituting whole wheat flour for part of the flour. Now I really wish I had another dutch oven so that I could make two loaves at a time!

You really don't need a Dutch oven... give the bread a try in a regular loaf pan and see how it does? (experimentation is just the best)...

There are several no-knead method out there that do NOT rely on a Dutch oven.

<sound of me running back down the stairs>

Okay I'm back-ran upstairs 18.5 hours ago to try the nkb recipe-your absolutely right-easy and fantastic!!! Even without purified(?) water, even with apparently(?) the "wrong" yeast it came out crusty, chewy, holey (is that a culinary term?) in a word, perfect on the very first try!!

So now my stand mixer is going up on Ebay..................

Back
Top Bottom