Photos of my Rustic Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're killing me here, Lady!!!! I can almost smell that bread. It looks amazing. I could make a meal out of that bread and a chunk of great cheese and some lovely pears. Yummmm.

Didn't you just LOVE it, Lady???!!!

I wish I had a warm hunk of it smeared with butter right now!

Lee

Lee

I am going to cook with the ladies that wrote the book on that no-knead bread tomorrow at Publix cooking school in Alpharetta. (maybe it's not in Alpharetta?)

I will take a bunch of pictures and ask some good questiions (I'm a sourdough baker)....

I'll post the results back here on Sunday or during the week. see two of their recipes on Chef and the Fatman

You're killing me here, Lady!!!! I can almost smell that bread. It looks amazing. I could make a meal out of that bread and a chunk of great cheese and some lovely pears. Yummmm.

:) We did make a meal out of it , mmmm good .

Lee

I did enjoy it, real butter and all . ;)

That is so beautiful! I have never been able to make a decent loaf of bread. :(

Why haven't you made a decent loaf? What happens?

WOW! That looks great. Dang, I need that DO now!

thank you. :) I got the Lodge Porcelain Enamel DO at Walmart, about $50.
I wanted the Trimontina but they didn't have it. It is $10 less . Only thing with the either brand, the lid knob is safe up to 400 degrees, so I had to put foil around the knob on the lid, until I get a stainless steel replacement knob at Home Depot. Baking the bread at 500 degrees get pretty hot and could melt the knob or at least damage it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!!!
I gotta get me some of that!
That looks fantastic, Lady. Look at those holes in it :w00t:

I am definitely going to try some of this no-knead bread I've been reading about.
Pics to follow :)

OMG!!!

I am definitely going to try some of this no-knead bread I've been reading about.

Get off your doggie butt, pacanis, and make some of that bread. I made a loaf yesterday that looked just like Lady's. Used some of it for dinner last night and then made some grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches for lunch today. YUM!!!

After you make it once, you'll kick yourself for not making it sooner. It's just toooooooo easy. There's nothing like slicing a piece of the bread and slathering it with REAL butter.

I am going to cook with the ladies that wrote the book on that no-knead bread tomorrow at Publix cooking school in Alpharetta. (maybe it's not in Alpharetta?)

I will take a bunch of pictures and ask some good questiions (I'm a sourdough baker)....

I'll post the results back here on Sunday or during the week. see two of their recipes on Chef and the Fatman

:) Would you please ask them if they have other versions of that recipe flavor wise?

Get off your doggie butt, pacanis, and make some of that bread. I made a loaf yesterday that looked just like Lady's. Used some of it for dinner last night and then made some grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches for lunch today. YUM!!!

After you make it once, you'll kick yourself for not making it sooner. It's just toooooooo easy. There's nothing like slicing a piece of the bread and slathering it with REAL butter.

Awww, c'mon.... I'm still in love with my bread machine ;)
I have a hard time straying from something I already love :rolleyes:

two questions:

where is this recipe?!

can I cook it in a Le Crueset dutch oven (what size?)

drool.....................

OMG!!!

:chef: yes do try it. , thank for the compliment. ;)

There's nothing like slicing a piece of the bread and slathering it with REAL butter.
amen to that!! :LOL:

Awww, c'mon.... I'm still in love with my bread machine ;)
I have a hard time straying from something I already love :rolleyes:

Totally different taste and texture. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
two questions:

where is this recipe?!

can I cook it in a Le Crueset dutch oven (what size?)

drool.....................

Yes, Toots, you can cook it in your Le Creuset Dutch oven, but you'll have to remove the knob from the lid because the phenolic knob can't withstand temps above 350 degrees. I've used my Le Creuset and just replaced the knob with a metal one from the hardware store.

Come on, Grasshopper, you can do it. Look at this this thread and all the discussion about and the recipe for the N.Y. Times Bread. You'll be hooked, I promise.:)
Oh blast and darn, I've been watching all this about this bread and I can't stand it any longer..What else can I use to bake the darn bread in? I have yet to buy a DO..With al the stuff going on here, me, the kitchens new counters and back splash, and the new ovens and cook top I have just been to darn lazy to go buy a DO and I want some of that bread...I love making bread...help with suggestions..If all elase fails tomorrow after I finish dialysis, it's shopping I go...but I want to get started...
kades

Oh blast and darn, I've been watching all this about this bread and I can't stand it any longer..What else can I use to bake the darn bread in? I have yet to buy a DO..With al the stuff going on here, me, the kitchens new counters and back splash, and the new ovens and cook top I have just been to darn lazy to go buy a DO and I want some of that bread...I love making bread...help with suggestions..If all elase fails tomorrow after I finish dialysis, it's shopping I go...but I want to get started...
kades

You, do not have to break the bank, cj. I use a Magnalite Dutch oven I bought at a thrift store for less than a dollar. Just be on the lookout for a heavy container. I have also used, as I said earlier, my Le Creuset Dutch oven, without the knob, with great results.

Come on, you can do it!!!

Back
Top Bottom