REC - Apricot Ginger Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
Ok, I have not made this recipe, but I plan to as soon as the weather is cool enough to use the oven. I thought this muffin would be great as a brunch item.

Apricot Ginger Muffins
From Fiona Haynes,Your Guide to Low Fat Cooking.

These quick and easy muffins match the sweetness of apricot preserves with a hint of spice from the ginger. You could substitute peach preserves or orange marmalade for the apricot. Or for a completely different taste, try raspberry preserves, and cinnamon instead of ginger.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1 cup low fat buttermilk
3 tbsp canola oil
1 egg
1/3 cup apricot preserves

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, or line with paper cups. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, oil and egg. Make a well in the flour mixture and add wet ingredients. Stir until just moist. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup followed by a teaspoon of apricot preserves. Fill cups evenly with remaining batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden, and then cool on a wire rack. Makes 12 muffins.

Per Serving: Calories 177, Calories from Fat 38, Total Fat 4.2g (sat 0.5g), Cholesterol 19mg, Sodium 176mg, Carbohydrate 31.2g, Fiber 0.7g, Protein 3.5g

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom