REC-Cranberry-Walnut Pumpkin Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmar

Senior Cook
This was my first try at baking something that I didn't use someone else's recipe step by step. Instead I came up with some of my own ingredients. I haven't actually tried it yet because I'm saving it for breakfast (thought it is probably much yummier right now). The crumbs tasted pretty good though.

th_DSC02598.jpg

Ingredients
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 16-ounce can pumpkin
3 cups flour (1 1/2 cups whole wheat, 1 1/2 white)
1 teaspoon allspice
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup crushed walnuts

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
Sift flour, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into a large bowl.
Beat the sugar, oil, and applesauce in another large bowl to blend. Mix in the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Add flour mix in 2 additions. Mix in cranberries and a small portion of the walnuts.

Divide batter equally between the two pans. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes in non-stick pans.

If I liked pumpkin I would be right on this! I think I may adapt your recipe and make it anyway with more applesauce. Cranberries ROCK. Thanks for posting this.

It may work with more applesauce. Though I used the applesauce as a replacement for the oil.
Because of all the spices it almost tasted like a gingerbread, with a bit of pumpkin.
Cranberries are the best part of this year! I didn't have any fresh cranberries then, but I do now and can't wait to cook them on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom