Sandwich fillings, what great combinations have you discovered?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a brooklyn special: thin slices of danish ham or boiled ham on very soft white bread (like wonder), with mayo, iceberg lettuce, and doritos on top (inside the sandwich), with kosher dill pickle spears on the side.

Smoked turkey, whipped cream cheese, strawberry jam, alfalfa sprouts & sliced cucumber make a great sandwich or wrap. The little bit of salty with the turkey & the sweet, creamy with the cheese & strawberry make a great combination.

Smoked turkey, whipped cream cheese, strawberry jam, alfalfa sprouts & sliced cucumber make a great sandwich or wrap. The little bit of salty with the turkey & the sweet, creamy with the cheese & strawberry make a great combination.

That sounds really good...writing it down!

I love open-faced sandwiches on toast. Pork, beef, dark chicken. Even dark turkey if there is some stuffing left over to go with it. And gravy. The bread has to be toasted. Otherwise the bread gets too soggy from the gravy. If I have to have white bread, then make it Italian bread. :yum:

some of my favs:
chicken,chorizo,rocket(rucola) & sundried tomato mayo on thinly sliced sourdough.
prawns,crisp smoked streaky bacon,avocado & chilli mayo on poppy seed bread.
salami & gruyere pannini
chicken,white grapes,crispy bacon bits & tarragon mayo on soft white bread

Liverwurst smooched on soft,soft white bread with some either butter or mayo and then go fer it:LOL:
kades

Instead of the strawberry jam (which I am supposed to make tonight--first I have to go pick the strawberries), I'd use some cranberry salsa!

Buonasera,

There are uncountable sandwiches as well as canapé style open face toasts. Some of my most enjoyed besides the ones I had already mentioned above are:

1. Grilled shrimp salad with home made mayonnaise called Ali Oli ( Evoo, garlic & sea salt ) ...
2. grilled chicken breast marinated in Lemon, with parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme and oregano served with a drizzle of Evoo
3. Bufala di Mozzarella Caprese Salad on canapé or an Italian Baguette
4. Proscuitto di Parma served with bread, verses on it ...
5. Provoletta : melted provolone combined with red bell pepper, green bell pepper melted in oven in clay dish and served on Italian Baguette
6. French style Omelette on French style Baguette with tomato and goat cheese
7. Ventresca ( tuna belly in Evoo ) in Jar only, from Ortiz, Cuca, or Isabel Brands, and put on a Baguette with Sweet red bell peppers roasted or sautéed ...
8. Sautéed Sea Bass with Black Olive Tapenade and tomato on Baguette
9. Falafal in a Pita
10. Gyro in a Pita
11. Calzone ( it is a rolled dough filled with a variety of ingredients and baked )

Have nice evening.
Ciao.
Margi.

French: Jambon Français & Green Peppercorn Dijon

Le Jambon is a French delicate sweet flavored ham and it is exported to the USA ... I pair mine with French Green Peppercorn Mustard and place on French style Baguette ... On rare occasion, I like Swiss or German Black Bread ...

Kind regards.
Margi. :)

A local restaurant makes a sandwich I just love - smoked turkey with white cheddar, apple slices, lettuce, tomato and mayo on cinnamon swirl bread. Jeez, now I want one.

There is a small local sandwich shop here that sells a tomato/basil/mozzarella sandwich with a vinaigrette on a crusty ciabatta roll. :yum:

Instead of the strawberry jam (which I am supposed to make tonight--first I have to go pick the strawberries), I'd use some cranberry salsa!
That's a great idea! I will try that out.

I also do a sandwich with ham, swiss, granny smith apple & crandberry/ mustard sauce on a seasoned, grilled flour tortilla wrapped up.

I have been on a Thick cut applewood smoked bacon, sliced avocado, bib lettuce, a little horseradish aioli on wheat-berry bread lately. The horseradish really helps cut the richness of the bacon taste, and avo texture.

I see quite a few mentions of apples in the past page or two, on of my ALL TIME Faves is;

NON-Smoked Turkey breast(preferably just roast my own, chill, skin, and slice)
Green Apple Slices
Sliced Camembert, or Brie
Medium sliced vine ripe tomato
Field Greens
Basil Aioli

Either all in a wrap, a lavash, or on a lightly toasted croissant.

Fo a no meat option; a Summer salad of marinated cubed feta, toamato, cucumber, red onion, and some kalamat olives. The marinade is simply evoo, s+p, fresh basil, rosemary, and oregano and a little balsamic or lime juice. All this sits for at least 4-6 hours, overnight is better. Drain to order, and put inside a Romaine Lined pita pocket, Light and refreshing.

A simple addition of cubed grilled chicken, or some anchovy fillets is nice too.

That's a great idea! I will try that out.

I also do a sandwich with ham, swiss, granny smith apple & crandberry/ mustard sauce on a seasoned, grilled flour tortilla wrapped up.
I more or less make cranberry salsa this way:

Cranberry Salsa Recipe - Allrecipes.com

But, I cook it for about 10 minutes and adjust the "heat" to my liking. Always use lime and cilantro.

Flour tortillas folded over sliced fresh strawberries, brie, and fresh basil, heated till cheese is melted.

Same as above - flour tortillas, spread w/ dijon mustard, topped with thin slices of green apples, gouda cheese, green onions & walnuts. Bacon is optional. Heat till cheese is melted.

Back
Top Bottom