Sandwich Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are the links I was talking about;

Unique and Great Sandwiches ( Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page )
12-05-2004 02:49 AM
by Goodweed of the North Go to last post
69 posts

What's your Favorite Breath-Killer Sandwich ( Multi-page thread 1 2 )
11-03-2004 10:24 PM

There were some pretty good sandwiches on those threads, contributed by some great people.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Why I never tried this combination before, I really don't know. But it's a great and simple combo.

Ingredients:
2 slices whole-wheat bread
2 tsp. butter
1 slice Smokey, Sandwich-Ham
2 slices American Cheese
1 tsp. dijon style mustard
1 tbs. honey.

Heat up the griddle.

Butter one side of each bread slice. Place butter-side down on skillet. Place cheese slices on on bread slice. Spread with mustard. Put ham on the grill to lightly brown for 30 seconds then turn and repeat on the other side. Put ham on top of the cheese.

Drizzle honey over the other bread-slice and spread with butter knife or spoon.

When the bread is sufficiently browned, place the bread with honey, honey-side down, on top of the ham. Serve with napkins.

Can you say Yum?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I just posted this the other day

Party Sandwiches

1 unslices 8-10 inch long load pumpernickel bread or other dense specialty bread
1 bunch green onions, chppped
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, room temp
1/2 t. creole seasoning
1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced rare roast beef, from deli
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 pound bacon, fried crisp and drained
Hellmann's real mayo
Romaine lettuce leaves

Slice bread half lengthwise and hollow out the top of the loaf about 1/2 inch deep. Bread loaf should be about 3 1/2 inches wide. Mix green onion and creole seasoning into the cream cheese. Spread bottom half generously with mayonnaise. Cover the edge of bread. Layer the settuce on the bottom half, tomatoes, meat and top with bacon slices. Top with the hollowed our bread filled with cream cheese. Slice sandwich diagonally at 2" intervals with serrated knife.

Bunwiches

2 cans tuna, drained and flaked
6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1/2 lb. Velveeta Lite, cut in 1/2" cubes
1/4 cup sliced green olives
3/4 cup Miracle Whip Lite
8 hamburger buns
OR 1 loaf French bread

Mix together first four ingredients. Add enough Miracle Whip to moisten without being soupy. Spread on hamburger buns and wrap each bun individually with aluminum foil. OR cut French loaf in half horizonally, and scoop most of the soft bread out of the inside, leaving 3/4 inch thick shells to hold filling. Fill the two halves with tuna mixture and cover loosely with foil.
Put on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and filling is warm.
Unwrap and allow to cool for a few minutes before eating. Slice buns in half, or French loaf into serving size pieces.

*note* you may substitute chopped ham or chicken for the tuna if you wish.

Pesto-Eggplant Sandwiches
Serves: 4

1 large egg
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
Eight 1/2-in.-thick slices unpeeled eggplant
olive oil
8 thin slices red onion
8 slices (1/2 oz each) provolone cheese
1/4 cup purchased pesto
Eight 1/2-in.-thick slices Italian bread, toasted
16 thin slices cucumber
8 thin slices tomato

Beat egg with a fork in a shallow dish. Spread crumbs on a plate. Turn eggplant slices in egg, then bread crumbs to coat.

Heat 11/2 tsp oil in each of 2 large nonstick skillets. Add 4 slices eggplant to each and cook 5 to 6 minutes, turning once and adding more oil as needed, until golden brown and crisp.

Top each eggplant slice with 1 slice each onion and cheese, folding cheese to fit. Cover skillets and cook 1 to 2 minutes until cheese melts.

Spread pesto on bread. Top with cucumber, tomato and eggplant.

Last edited:
I Have The Best Recipe - Club Sandwiches From New Zealand
Butter 3 Pcs Of Bread, One Side Only And Lightly.
On The Bottom Layer Put Mashed Egg, And Minutely Sliced Beetroot. Put Lid On(upside Down) Then Add Mnutely Sliced Tomatoe And Ham, On The Next Layer Shredded Lettuce.

the brooklyn ham sandwich special: (i just had this yesterday)

2 slices of wonder white bread
thin sliced boiled polish ham
iceberg lettuce
hellman's mayo
doritos dill pickle spears
coca-cola

pile the ham on the bread, slather with mayo, top with lettuce and doritos, close the sandwich and enjoy with the pickle spears and a coke.

White Castle Sandwiches

-I call them this because they look like the little hamburgers that White Castle sells. I don't put too much onto them because the taste is really about the bread.

Choose your favorite meat- I like honey ham
Choose a cheese
The secret to these sandwiches are the rolls. They are Hawaiian sweet bread rolls.

Spread favorite condiment, I use mayonnaise, onto sweet rolls, and layer with meat and cheese. Fast and Easy

Back
Top Bottom