Sausage Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Since my two girls have taken to eating breakfast here with the kids 3 times a week, I've been pressed to make things that they will enjoy without repeating every other day. Today being it was sunny and just perfect for making bread, I dug out my Bernard Clayton bread book and I'm making his sausage bread recipe. Instead of sausage I'm using finely diced ham..The recipe is simple,flour,butter hot milk, sugar, salt and 3 eggs. The bread is now on it's second rise..I plan to serve it in the morning with butter and jam and scrambled eggs and slices of melon.
kadesma:)

Yummy!! Another good one kadesma!!

When my boys were little, and I didn't cook, I would bake canned biscuits with crumbled sausage on top and a slice of cheese until the biscuit had risen. They loved it. I bet this would be so much better!!

texasgirl said:
Yummy!! Another good one kadesma!!

When my boys were little, and I didn't cook, I would bake canned biscuits with crumbled sausage on top and a slice of cheese until the biscuit had risen. They loved it. I bet this would be so much better!!
Thanks Texas:)
I use canned biscuits and put a cooked maple sausage in the center, pull up the sides and bake, it come out with the sausage cradled in the biscuit and the kids love it. I think I'll try adding some cheese. They will really like that thanks for the idea:LOL:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom