Originally Posted by Greg Who Cooks
I think I'll pass on any mushrooms that don't come from a grocery store.
Ditto. I worked in an ER about 50 years ago. We had a patient that came in with mushroom poisoning. Not a pretty sight. His kidneys were severely damaged and he almost lost his life.
All from a day with the family picking mushrooms and then going home and cooking them. The family never got to taste them He was the cook and got sick just from tasting his concoction. They acted that fast. No thanks. I wil stick with what I know. And if necessary will even go to canned ones. "Gee we, had a book with pictures. I don't know what wrong ones we picked."
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"