"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2019, 08:09 AM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_stewart View Post
When making a sesame seed bagel, should you use toasted sesame seeds or untested ( which will get toasted during the baking process) ??

I just dont want already toasted sesame seeds to get too toasted and have that burnt flavor, yet, I also dont want the untoased ones not to get toasted enough as not to have a toasted sesame seed flavor.

A friend has relatives in South Korea who own a sesame seed farm. I was lucky enough to score the mother load of toasted sesame seeds from her, and now im just exploring ways to use them up ( other than taking a pinch every time I pass the jar of them).
I make bread often and when using seeds on the uncooked loaves or bread rolls I always use the untoasted variety,

Have you tried them toasted and scattered on breakfast cereal?

Old 08-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I made them tonight. That worked well. I will be tweaking them. I used wholewheat flour, so bread recipes often have to be tweaked a bit. They are a bit doughy in the middle even though some of them were burnt on the bottom. I'm really not a fan of sweet with savoury, so, as I expected, they were a bit sweeter than I would prefer. I figured switching to wholewheat was enough of a change for a first try. Thank you again for sharing the recipe.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:03 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I made them tonight. That worked well. I will be tweaking them. I used wholewheat flour, so bread recipes often have to be tweaked a bit. They are a bit doughy in the middle even though some of them were burnt on the bottom. I'm really not a fan of sweet with savoury, so, as I expected, they were a bit sweeter than I would prefer. I figured switching to wholewheat was enough of a change for a first try. Thank you again for sharing the recipe.
You're welcome. I hope you're able to tweak them to your liking.

Tags
None