Silicone Loaf Pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
I have been making my sandwich bread in my Pyrex meatloaf pans. It gives them a nice shape for sandwiches.

I tried Olive oil on the inside - The dough sticks.

I tried Parchment - Works great, but, you gotta mess with the parchment paper every time.

I saw the Silicone pans on Amazon. Just as I was about to roder, DW says that one of her frineds has one and does not like it.

So, does anyone have experience with them? Am I missing an option in the stick / no stick on the Pyrex?

TIA

AC

Have you tried to grease and flour the pan? I know I make an English Muffing loaf that greases the pan and then adds cornmeal to the pan just to coat. The loaf comes out easily. You still may need to run a knife around the edges a bit but I'd give it a try first before buying silicone pans.

I have only used the silicone muffin pans for creme caramel (works great). But they are difficult to maneuver, and fussy. You would need to put a sheet pan underneath for support... not sure how that would affect baking heat distribution, etc. I say, when in doubt, try it out!!

I love the person who gave me my silicone pans, but hate the pans. I've got a 10" square one and a loaf pan. I tried them a few times and not only did I keep forgetting that they actually heat up (something to do with the colour I think, or how my feeble brain works, but I kept trying to take them out of the hot oven my bare hands) but I couldn't handle how wiggly they are. Give me sturdy pyrex every time.

Re: the pyrex and your bread sticking, I use Pam, nothing ever sticks, even cheese bread and cinnamon rolls slid out.

A good friend also gave me a gift of silicone baking pans. I've only used the loaf pan, and it worked really well. I sprayed it with PAM, and the bread just fell out. Handling the pan is a challenge, though. Best to put it on a baking sheet, then into the oven.

I tried them and wasn't too pleased so I bought some Baker's Secret heavy duty, nonstick loaf pans and I couldn't be happier.

I don't like silicone pans - but I DO love my silcone baking sheet, which I use instead of baking paper a LOT.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom