Such a deal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
I have been accused of being cheap, but I prefer to think of myself as a "value shopper" instead. In my travels today I visited a Goodwill Thrift Shop and came away with the following three items for $4.70, which I consider a good deal, especially since the double loaf pan was in the original factory packaging for $2. Now I just need to figure what to bake in it. I think I need to learn to bake baguettes. :LOL:The baskets will be proofing baskets for my La Cloche oblong baker when it arrives. I can hardly wait to get it. It's my Father's Day gift to myself.

img_619415_0_807f1a97b1532fabac8b54db14a23ff5.jpg

Joe

great job. i like a good bargain myself. i have a blue enameled tea kettle i got for one dollar.

best buy i ever made was a door wreath made of wood for 26 cents.

babe

Hey, Joe...the metal pan will produce the most wonderful baguettes. I have the one you have and another that makes 3 loaves. I've given some of my baked loaves to friends who think I purchased them at a bakery because of the little "holes" that happen because of the way the bottom of the pan is made.

Congrats on your frugal purchases. I applaud you!!!!

I have the metal pan too and the basket at far right. Also have another double pan which is longer and thinner. Good for you on your purchases, good bargains !

Wow, that's an amazing deal. I wish I had the patience to look through stuff at Goodwill. Maybe I will try it one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom