Surprise Bubble Bread Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
Pull apart rolls with pockets of your favorite jam in the middle. It can't get any better then that. I'm sure Rhodes Dinner rolls would work great also. A little powder sugar icing would be good drizzled over the cooled rolls, that's if your family lets them cool before eating them all up.
Enjoy! Debbie

Surprise Bubble Bread

img_493633_0_28e2bbddbcd93c668d4a3a6a20734c86.jpg

ROLLS
2 loaf/loaves BREAD DOUGH; Thawed.
JAM; Your Favorite.
3 to 4 tablespoon(s) BUTTER; Melted.
CINNAMON/SUGAR MIXTURE

ICING
1 tablespoon(s) BUTTER; Melted.
1 cup(s) POWDERED SUGAR
1 to 2 tablespoon(s) WATER; Or Milk.
1/4 teaspoon(s) ALMOND EXTRACT
1/2 teaspoon(s) VANILLA
_____

Thaw bread, do not let rise.
Pinch off dough the size of a golf ball.
Flatten each ball into a 4 inch circle.
Place a teaspoon of your favorite jam in the centers.
Pinch edges of dough together to enclose jam and form into a ball.
Roll each balls in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Place balls, seam side down in a greased bundt pan.
When all the dough is in pan, sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar mixture over balls and any extra melted butter.
Cover with sprayed plastic wrap.
Let dough rise until doubled in size.
Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes covering with foil last 10 minutes of baking if tops of bread is getting to dark.
Remove from pan immediately and place on cooling rack or plate to cool.
Drizzle icing over cooled rolls if desired.
Great right out of the oven or served at room temperature.
_____

We do something similar called monkey bread. Same idea of balls of dough and coating with sugar & spice. There is no filling and we also include raisens with the sugar & spice. Absolutely delicious.

We do something similar called monkey bread. Same idea of balls of dough and coating with sugar & spice. There is no filling and we also include raisens with the sugar & spice. Absolutely delicious.

I make the same thing only I call it bubble bread and with no raisins and using chopped walnuts.
One day I was making this and I thought why not add a filling. So I added the jam and it turned out pretty good. Debbie

I've also seen one with cream cheese in the middle that calls for biscuits instead of rolls.
I'm sure I'd prefer the rolls. Wonder if you could do cream cheese AND jelly?

ol-blue, when i read this thread title, i immediately thought you meant the bubble bread from the famous bubble restaurant on captiva island, florida.

their version of bubble bread is more of a breadstick that is covered with grated sharp cheeses and herbs. BubbleRoom
(turn up your speakers for this one)

anyway, yours looks fantastic! this is one i'll try someday. i'll bet my sweet-toothed family will love it. thanks.

just made a cup of coffee and wish I had that sitting in front of me right now.
I love your post with the pictures thanks alot,
I will be added a few calories to my Sunday morning this week.

Back
Top Bottom