The Breakfast Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
Yeah, you can have eggs, but how can you resist bacon or peanut butter??

What is your favorite breakfast sandwich? Eggs are allowed, but be creative. There is another thread for egg sandwiches.

Here was my bacon/peanut butter sandwich this morning on toasted potato bread.

img_795488_0_fa5bc474e3d9546ca91044544dfb9f29.jpg

img_795488_1_17d8849df4917a963bd987b8e456460a.jpg

My Favorite breakfast sammich is on a toasted English muffin...A slice of roll sausage spread out to the size of the muffin while being cooked...topped with a hard fried egg, and blackberry jelly. (It can be messy) Not very creative, but it's my favorite!

Have Fun!!

My favorite breakfast sandwich is the traditional Bagel, lox and cream cheese, with a slice of tomato in the summertime. :)

At Torta in San Diego they make a shredded beef in red sauce sammie with fried egg and a pinto bean spread. it's a traditional mexican breakfast on a bun and seriously to die for. I don't dare recreate it at home, it wouldnt even compare.

I have a hard time eating eggs so I do numerous things to get them down. One of my favourite sammies for breakfast is a fried egg with mozzarella melted on top, bacon, avocado, mayonnaise on toasted whole grain bread. If I have them I add alfalfa sprouts as well!

Last edited:
I am a big fan of any toast with grape jelly and swiss cheese (I have a tendancy towards sweet and sour or sweet and salty things!)

I also any cobmination of PB and maple syrup on a sammie for the same reason, I can't wait to do bacon and PB!

A firm Italian bread cut into thick slices and toasted. Linguica sausage butterflied and fried until just crisp on the outside. A fried egg. Jack Daniel's Horseradish mustard.

uncle bob, your sammich sounds delicious... something i'm gonna have to try. i also like blackberry but i prefer the jam instead of the jelly.

i toast a sourdough muffin.put fried egg,i like em soft, and a slice of fried canadian bacon.grated cheese your choice and top it with creamed spinach. if egg and bacon are hot cheese will start to melt and creamed spinach will finish melting it.

Would it still be a sandwich if I used pancakes for the bread portion?

I like to make small pancakes, use two per sandwich the the filling being a drizzle of real maple syrup, over easy eggs, two strips of bacon, and a small amount of cream cheese smeared on the inside of the top pancake. I sometimes add a drizzle of real maple syrup on top of the sandwich if no one can watch me eat ;-)

Would it still be a sandwich if I used pancakes for the bread portion?

I like to make small pancakes, use two per sandwich the the filling being a drizzle of real maple syrup, over easy eggs, two strips of bacon, and a small amount of cream cheese smeared on the inside of the top pancake. I sometimes add a drizzle of real maple syrup on top of the sandwich if no one can watch me eat ;-)
Now why wouldn't that be a sandwich??? I'm not sure about the cream cheese part of it, but then again, I haven't tried your delicious creation. I'm hungry now for pancakes, bacon and over-easy eggs. :pig:

Back
Top Bottom