What do you like on your Burger ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lettuce, tomato(preferably fresh from my garden), mayo, raw onion(preferably Vidalia), S&P and whichever cheeses strikes my fancy at the time!

HP sauce is the nectar of the Gods.... Great on bacon butties, on fried egg sarnies and a spoonful added to tinned baked beans makes all the difference!
The firm has been taken over by Danone, the French company - and they intend to move the production overseas to somewhere like Belgium or Holland.... It won't be the same. HP stands for Houses of Parliament, which has traditionally been portrayed on the front of the blue label.

http://www.icons.org.uk/nom/nominations/hp-sauce

Ishbel said:
HP sauce is the nectar of the Gods.... Great on bacon butties, on fried egg sarnies and a spoonful added to tinned baked beans makes all the difference!
The firm has been taken over by Danone, the French company - and they intend to move the production overseas to somewhere like Belgium or Holland.... It won't be the same. HP stands for Houses of Parliament, which has traditionally been portrayed on the front of the blue label.

http://www.icons.org.uk/nom/nominations/hp-sauce
Thank you so much, not--one more--what is a bacon buttie?

Darn fingers can't spell even the simplest words. HP!! A Canadian friend gave us a bottle, and we find it at Cost Plus (World Market). I absolutely fell in love with the stuff. Gads I hope they don't change it!

I LOVE hamburgers. 75% lean ground beef is perfect fat content for me. I have also had hamburgers made from buffalo and they are possibly my favorite. Since there is no ham in hamburgers we still called them hamburgers and not buffalo burgers. A hamburger can handle all the food groups, much like pizza, if properly constructed. I think my favorite preparation for a burger is to stuff it full of Blue Cheese and if blue cheese is not an option any other cheese. I also make burgers with fresh jalapeno, or sundried tomato mixed into it.

I also like:
giardinere (sp?)
Cracked Pepper Bacon
Cole slaw (on a bbq burger)
Grilled onion
Roasted Red Peppers

Served on a toasted Kaiser or onion roll. Now I am hungry and think I may make hamburgers.

Enjoy,
Bryan

OK, I have to admit that I will put almost anything I can find in our fridge or pantry on a burger.

Everything that has been said is great.

Also sauteed mushroom slices, or kimchee, OK, not together.

Jalapenos in escabeche or any vinegary hot pepper slices.

Caramelized onions mixed with raw, a great combination.

Sometimes no topping or a very simple one is fine, other times the sky's the limit.

About the only thing I have not found an appetizing topping is peanut butter.

Rats.

i've kinda considered, & i'm with deli American, plain 'ol mustard, & dills or for cheap restaurant burgers, ketchup, mustard, dills, maybe onion with.

phinz said:
I think harborwitch meant HP sauce. Brown sauce of the gods. :chef:
One of my favorite local pubs calls it "Hewlett Packard" sauce. Doesn't make it any less delectible!

Me I like, lean ground beef, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, onions, cucumber, pickle relish special burger mayo and fries on my burger..you gotta love those fries lol and then add some chili ketchup.. I almost forgot the patty must have sesame seeds

I'm just curious how do you grilled cheese? does anyone know?

Trisha Parks
<link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Barb L said:
Thank you so much, not--one more--what is a bacon buttie?

A 'buttie' is a sandwich. I think the term originates in the Liverpool/Manchester areas of England - although, like sarnies for sandwiches, it is now used all over the British Isles and further!:)

Harborwitch said:
Darn fingers can't spell even the simplest words. HP!! A Canadian friend gave us a bottle, and we find it at Cost Plus (World Market). I absolutely fell in love with the stuff. Gads I hope they don't change it!

The population of the UK hopes they don't change it, Harbourwitch! It has been part of my life since I was very small. Unlike most kids, I always preferred what we children in Scotland termed 'nippy' (ie hot) sauces rather than the blander tomato based ones - I used to love HP spread on thickly buttered home-made bread when I was about 4.....YUM!:) No-one else's 'nippy' sauces comes close.

Humm .... a disc of cooked ground cow and two pieces of bread ... what to adorn them with .... it totally depends on my mood at the moment. From the "garden burger" (mayo or mustard with lettuce, tomato and red onion) ... to the double meat pattie, rashers of crispy streaky bacon, chili, onion, cheddar cheese ... or the Swiss with sauted onions and mushrooms with red wine sauce on buttered rolls ... and/or about a dozen or more iterations.

It's like a hotdog ... I can think of a dozen ways I like them, too.

The main factor in the answer is ... it depends.

Now, as for HP sauce .... I love the stuff (been using it for about 30 years)! Great on chops, steaks, deli sandwiches, burgers, fries .... good on fish, especially shark steaks, too.

Michael in FtW said:
Humm .... a disc of cooked ground cow and two pieces of bread ... what to adorn them with .... it totally depends on my mood at the moment. From the "garden burger" (mayo or mustard with lettuce, tomato and red onion) ... to the double meat pattie, rashers of crispy streaky bacon, chili, onion, cheddar cheese ... or the Swiss with sauted onions and mushrooms with red wine sauce on buttered rolls ... and/or about a dozen or more iterations.

It's like a hotdog ... I can think of a dozen ways I like them, too.

The main factor in the answer is ... it depends.

Now, as for HP sauce .... I love the stuff (been using it for about 30 years)! Great on chops, steaks, deli sandwiches, burgers, fries .... good on fish, especially shark steaks, too.
Just bought my first bottle of HP Sauce- haven't tried it yet !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom