What to do w/loaf of whole grain ciabatta bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

singer92

Assistant Cook
I have this ciabbata bread and im not sure what to do with it... its about 2 feet long, and Ive never used it... would a ciabbata grilled cheese work?! highly confused over here!:huh:

Ciabatta is the classic bread used to make panini - Italian pressed sandwiches. They can be filled with almost anything. Cured meats, cheese, some type of greens, olive oil and red-wine vinegar, etc. Yummy.

Ok,
Try it for either lunch or as a starter with roast Mediterranean vegetables (eg. chop up red / green peppers, aubergine onion, garlic, tomatoes etc sprinkle with olive oil, P&S and roast until charring on the sides) Make sure you have a little bowl of the best EVO you can get to dip your bread into, pour a glass of something smooth. In my case a dry white or Rose wine and you will be in Heaven !
Also, it freezes really well and I defrost mine by leaving it in the warm sunshine for a while.
It's great with any fresh cheese. I don't see why you couldn't grill that but I never get around to it. The med veg dish with ciabatta just disappears in our house

If you have any left over bread, cut it into cubes, toss with a mixture of olive oil, garlic and herbs of your choice. Place on a sheet pan and bake in hot oven until golden brown and crisp. Use as croutons or in panzanella salad --- chopped tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, red or green bell peppers, olives, etc. with your favorite vinaigrette. Toss the croutons into this veggie salad and enjoy!

Last edited:
Try using it for bread sticks!!! cut length wise as you feel comfy with brush wti a mixture of evoo and melted butter sprinkle with black truffle salt or garlic granuals or onion granuals. I then put them on large cookie sheets with separation between the sticks and toast in a 400 oven til golden then they are ready to be dunked into something like French onion soup or a nice dip Give them a try they are good and your not fooling around with dough kneading if you are in a hurry..
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom