What would you do with Crescent Recipe Creations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bake, then add cream cheese and a little dill, spread on them all and add veggies!! YUMMY!!

oh oh, you can do my parmessan bites with them!!

I have this recipe a friend (now gone) cooked for us, and it is delicious!

Liz's Taco Pie

1 (two ?) package crescent rolls
1 can tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 bag shredded cheese
1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
1 pint sour cream
1 lb ground chuck

Press crescent rolls into a 9x12 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or so.
Brown meat, add sauce and seasoning. Layer over crescent rolls and bake some more. (I think you could skip this baking, unless you want another glass of wine.)
Add chips and cheese and bake.
Add sour cream and remaining chips and bake.
Baking should be done without cover.

This is also one of Liz's recipes too...she loved those crescent rolls?

Liz’s chicken Roll-ups

2 cans crescent rolls
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 lg can sliced mushrooms; drained

Steam chicken breasts, cool and dice. Season with salt and pepper, mix with some of the cheese and set aside. Spread out crescent dough separate into rectangles of 2 triangles each. Spread each rectangle with chicken mixture and roll up. Saute mushrooms in a little olive oil or butter till light golden. Add cream of chicken soup and remaining cheese. Let simmer till cheese is melted. Pour over rolls and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees about 1 hour, or until rolls are done all the way through. Undercooking will result in mushy rolls.

Both of these recipes are delicious!

I have never seen sooo many great ideas!!!! Where to start???? Mcnerd... thanks for the clarification on the fact that it is a whole sheet... I assumed it was little squares of dough.

Really... I'm in awe of all the ideas/recipes that have been posted! Thanks soooo much!! :)

I have never seen sooo many great ideas!!!! Where to start???? Mcnerd... thanks for the clarification on the fact that it is a whole sheet... I assumed it was little squares of dough.

Really... I'm in awe of all the ideas/recipes that have been posted! Thanks soooo much!! :)

These are so much better than using the old crescent roll dough when making a pizza type recipe. You don't have to go to all the trouble of pushing all the seams together. It was such a pain!!

Barb

OK I'm boring. I just make 'em into crescent rolls and eat 'em. Although wrapping cocktail weiners has been mentioned in our house it hasn't happened. Too much work IMO.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME????????????? RIGHT??????????????? You make cakes, cookies, pies, brownies, gnocchi, etc., etc., and you're going to tell me that rolling an itty bitty cocktail wiener is too much work??????????????????????? Oh boy, if I were closer I'd make you do that while you made me bake something :LOL:...while drinking wine, of course!

I can't even think of what I do with crescents now...:ermm: ;)

DARN, where did you find them! They look like they would be real handy, I do a lot of things with Crescent rolls or Grands, that require you the mend the perforation to make a solid sheet, this will make life a lot easier.

They should be sitting right next to the regular Pillsbury Crescents. If not, ask someone in the store about them.
018000007578.jpg

My mom on rare occasions would buy crescent rolls but she only made them as crescent rolls. I guess we just had too many really good bakeries nearby.

Back
Top Bottom