What would you do with Crescent Recipe Creations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I bought a can of this and it has been sitting in the fridge waiting for inspiration. Basically it is little squares of cresent dough. I know there are a million things that could be done with them, but I can't ever seem to get inspired to do anything with them.

What would you put on them or how would you use them? :chef:

I'd roll it out brush with melted butter, spinkle with lots of cinnamin and sugar

roll it back up

slice it up in to "rolls"

Bake

cool just a little and then frost with a powdered sugar frosting

Then hide in the closet and eat them all before the rest of the family came home.

I cut mine into strips, twisted and wrapped them into pretzel shapes and tossed on some sea salt. Its one of their recipe examples. Excellent

I also want to use them next to make homemade fruit pastries; maybe next using a burrito mix in a sealed rectangular pastry.

I wonder if anyone has tried using the dough in a Panini Sandwich Press?

I'd roll it out brush with melted butter, spinkle with lots of cinnamin and sugar

roll it back up

slice it up in to "rolls"

Bake

cool just a little and then frost with a powdered sugar frosting

Then hide in the closet and eat them all before the rest of the family came home.

LOL!!! Trish... I can see you hiding in the closet in my mind!!!

I cut mine into strips, twisted and wrapped them into pretzel shapes and tossed on some sea salt. Its one of their recipe examples. Excellent

I also want to use them next to make homemade fruit pastries; maybe next using a burrito mix in a sealed rectangular pastry.

I wonder if anyone has tried using the dough in a Panini Sandwich Press?

The pretzel idea is way cool! So I take it that you have tried these before?

We like to roll them around BBQ'd chicken breasts and bake, yum.
Someone else on here once posted (I think) of using them in camping pie tins (the ones that close up) by sprinkling with sugar on the outside (and maybe brushing butter on em), putting fruit filling in the center, then closing it up and cooking it. Basically I think she left them in the square shape and rolled somewhat with a roller to get rid of the line in the middle that makes them into triangles. Think fruit pie completely surrounded by the 'crust'.

OK I'm boring. I just make 'em into crescent rolls and eat 'em. Although wrapping cocktail weiners has been mentioned in our house it hasn't happened. Too much work IMO.

Make a veggie appetizer pizza. Just bake the crust on a cookie sheet and mix mayo, sour cream and dry ranch. Spread on cooled crust. Add veggies of your choice. I usually add green and red peppers, broccoli, green onions and sometimes shredded cheese.

Barb

Oh! the little pizza's sound yummy.

I am a pocket kinda girl. I like spinach and cream cheese with garlic or maybe crab and cream cheese, with a sweet and sour sauce.

Oh! the little pizza's sound yummy.

I am a pocket kinda girl. I like spinach and cream cheese with garlic or maybe crab and cream cheese, with a sweet and sour sauce.

That sounds really good Avlynn!

Maybe I can make something different for each little square!

Toss them in a pot of well seasoned, rich chicken stock...add a little milk/cream maybe....Season with lots of black pepper....Make some corn bread....You should have dumplings...It's ok to dip the corn bread in the thickened juice too....

Enjoy!

I guess everyone realizes that the Crescent "creations" are different from the standard Crescent Rolls. They are not perforated, just one big sheet of dough to be creative with.

Cool ! So many ideas. I've never seen this at the store. I'll have to find some and give it a try.

I need to look for those....
In my past life when I used to be home weekends and make breakfasts, I made some Danish Almond Cream Rolls with the Cresents.... I found the recipe in one of the bake-off books....
Anyway they were SO GOOD but you had to pinch back together the perforations to make a rectangle so the filling didn't ooze out... and they never pinched together just right no matter how much I beat on them!
Sounds like these would be perfect..... NO PINCHING!!!!!

OK..
Lay out half the squares and seal together making a rectangle.

Fry up some hamburger with onion(ok I add garlic too). Stir in a can of mushroom soup(without the water, or just a little water. You want it thick). spoon that onto the dough, cover with the other half of the dough and seal the sides. Bake until golden brown.... very tasty!!

I would make a Runza Casserole

Runza Casserole

2 pounds ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cans ready to bake crescent rolls
1 package (about 8 slices) Swiss cheese (I use shredded Colby)
1 head cabbage, finely shredded (I use a package of shredded from the store)
1 medium onion, diced

Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan. Cover the bottom of the pan with 1 package of crescent rolls.

Brown ground beef with cabbage and onions. Drain grease from ground beef. Combine ground beef, cabbage and onion with cream of mushroom soup. Pour over crescent rolls. Layer top of ground beef mixture with Swiss cheese. Open second can of crescent rolls and layer over top of Swiss cheese, trying to cover all the cheese, so the cheese does not become browned during baking. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.

With the package you posted I would use it as a top crust only. I often cut this down to 1/2 and use half of the dough on the bottom and half on top.

Back
Top Bottom