What's your Favorite Breath-Killer Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to take the following on day hikes around the lake:
sardines in hot sauce, extra sharp cheddar cheese, onions and garlic
on an onion bun. They were delicious.

That was 20some years ago, tried one about 6 months ago, wasn't what
I remembered. Hmmm.....

Speaking of sardines, one sandwich I haven't had in a long time is pickled herring in cream sauce on a baguette with several slices of white onion.

Bob

Hi everyone;
I've cut and pasted every sandwich from this thread into a file, with the intention of creating a book from it. I've included our online name to give credit where credit is due. If this is acceptable, let me know. If not, then I'll remove your name from the recipe, or delete the recipe altogether.

I think it would be fun to have a cookbook generated from DC. What say you all; Is this a go, or should I shelve the project? And do I need permission from the host site because of copyright?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Hi everyone;
I've cut and pasted every sandwich from this thread into a file, with the intention of creating a book from it. I've included our online name to give credit where credit is due. If this is acceptable, let me know. If not, then I'll remove your name from the recipe, or delete the recipe altogether.

I think it would be fun to have a cookbook generated from DC. What say you all; Is this a go, or should I shelve the project? And do I need permission from the host site because of copyright?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed - Sounds like a fun project. Have at it :)

Bob

I only have two very simple favorite sandwiches that I consider "breath killers". Both are ones my mom made for me as a kid - although weekends & holidays only, since even she realized the trauma I'd probably go through if I opened one of these babies up at the school cafeteria table - lol!!

1) Lightly mashed sardines (in olive oil) with sliced raw red onion & lettuce on a crusty roll, &

2) Limburger cheese with sliced white onion on good old plain white bread (sorry Goodweed).

I still love both of the above & continue to enjoy them when I'm home alone & don't have anywhere to go. (The most vigorous toothbrushing/mouthwashing won't automatically kill the effects of the above first time around, & my husband would rather eat worms & die than enjoy either of the above along with me - lol!!!)

I only have two very simple favorite sandwiches that I consider "breath killers". Both are ones my mom made for me as a kid - although weekends & holidays only, since even she realized the trauma I'd probably go through if I opened one of these babies up at the school cafeteria table - lol!!

1) Lightly mashed sardines (in olive oil) with sliced raw red onion & lettuce on a crusty roll, &

2) Limburger cheese with sliced white onion on good old plain white bread (sorry Goodweed).

I still love both of the above & continue to enjoy them when I'm home alone & don't have anywhere to go. (The most vigorous toothbrushing/mouthwashing won't automatically kill the effects of the above first time around, & my husband would rather eat worms & die than enjoy either of the above along with me - lol!!!)

BC, I'm impressed. And CharlieD, you get the first copy.:mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom