What's your favorite grilled cheese sandwich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tweedee said:
pumpernickle or rye grilled with butter on the outside and a thin slice of swiss cheese and thinly sliced roast beef or corn beef between the two slices of bread

This is the one I want!!!

I agree with Lifter - the Monte Cristo is tops, however I never thought of it as a grilled cheese....hmmmmmmm - puts others to shame!
And Buckytom - maple w/dijon is truly a fav of mine - especially when I dip monterey jack in it.

Lifter said:
The very best of "grilled cheese" is, of course, the Monte Cristo sandwich...

The "French Toast" covers using a Euro bread, well soaked in egg and milk, double smoked ham, thinly sliced, and/or smoked turkey breast, some stinky Provolone slices in there to melt, fried in the traditional wafts of grease...

Nobody said this was supposed to be "heart-healthy"? did they...just relating "as good as it gets", even if you eat it with a knife and fork. instead of your fingers...

Lifter...

yeah buddy!

Sharp cheddar cheese with sauteed sliced mushrooms on butter and grilled Italian bread.

Pity jkath and I live a million miles away, we seem to think similar ideas and could get "ricH' writing books, and getting hideously "fat"...not that I'd leave Margaret or my family in a minute, but itsa great thought...

We are living in the land of cheese and meat (wursts), so sandwiches are quite special here. My favorite so far is: Vollkorn (whole grain) bread, buttered on the outsides and spread with Tomato Pesto on the inside. Smoked ham (prolly some sort of Bavarian smoked ham) and smoked turkey grilled in a pan, along with some local cheeses at the end.

Assemble the sandwich, grilled meats, two slices of sandwich cheese, emmenthaler and chester, and fry in a buttered sautee pan.

We call these "Tost". Delicious!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom