Whats your favorite stuffing recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
did not have it

kadesma said:
ITK,
I found it in my in my regular grocery store, it's with the other seasoning and comes in a box with a turkey on the front. It's not a large box and at first i didn't even see it. But it was right there with salt and salt substitutes and all the other herbs. I make my stuffing and put it in a seperate pan, cover with foil, but I poke several holes in the top to keep it from steaming, I don't add pan drippings as it has chciken stock mixed in there and I like it a little crumbly, so you can tell it's bread and veggies and not all stuck together..Of course at the table we all put some of the turkey gravy over it:LOL:
kadesma

Now I am back to square one again! My store did not have Bell's Seasoning!! I went on line and found out you can order on line but will I get before Thanksgiving? Did you have recipe to follow w/seasoning? I just could not believe it. I thought my store was the BEST! Manager never heard of it. I just thought your dressing turned out so good was due to the special seasoning. Is that right? Thanks again

In the Kitchen said:
Now I am back to square one again! My store did not have Bell's Seasoning!! I went on line and found out you can order on line but will I get before Thanksgiving? Did you have recipe to follow w/seasoning? I just could not believe it. I thought my store was the BEST! Manager never heard of it. I just thought your dressing turned out so good was due to the special seasoning. Is that right? Thanks again
ITK,
all Bells is, is a combination of rosemary,oregano,sage,ginger,marjoram, thyme and pepper. I would just use a poultry seasoning which has sage,onion,parsleywhite pepper,ginger and cumin, i'd add some dry marjoram to the poultry seasoning mix a little in my bread stuffing along with diced and sauteed, chopped onion,celery,sliced sauteed mushrooms if you like them,, add chicken broth and a cube of melted butter, mix it up and then add your poultry mix a little at a time til you get a taste that pleases you. I think in part the seasoning made the dressing good, but for me it was using torn into bite size pieces of homemade bread that did the trick. I'd always used the dry bagged kind and never reallly cared for it, it was always so small it stuck together if put into the turkey..This way I tear the bread bigger, use just enough broth or stock and butter to make it moist but not like a big stuck together clump.Plus I cook it in a seperate pan, not in the bird..I cover with foil, poke hole in the foil so the stuffing cooks but doesn't steam..
kadesma:)
If you have to mix the ingredients for the seasonings leave out any you really don't care for, say the cumin..But you really need the sage,marjoram,oregano (small amount) onion powder and powdered ginger (small amount til you see if you like the taste and thyme and rosemary. after the bread ,stock,butter are put together, add your seasonings a little at a time, Mix well, put in refrigerator and let sit say 20 min, taste and if needed add more seasoning til you get it the way you like.

My mom makes my favorite stuffing, and I think I like it so much because of the simplicity.

Bread, butter, s&p, onion, poultry seasoning. Mix well and stuff into the bird before you start to cook the bird. I know, that's a no-no now-a-days, but I'm not dead yet!

I use a bag of bead cubes, saute, onions, celery and bacon cook until soften, don't crisp the bacon,
add to the bread , a little poultry seasoning and add chicken broth tillyou get the right temp. place in baking dish that has greased with butter and top with a few dabs of butter and bake till edge get crisp.

Stuffing is my favorite side dish and we like it simple. Toasted tense white and wheat, lots and lots of sage, S & P. mushrooms, celery and onions.

Back
Top Bottom