What's your favorite way to make a PBJ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skippy crunchy with either banana or blackberry jam on 12 Grain... sorry LPBeier! :-p :ROFLMAO:

I like Skippy chunky peanut butter on wholegrain honey wheat bread, with Bama red plum jam. :) A close second would be peanut butter and honey.. mmmm. :)

I like my orange marmalade on a sammie with nuetella, instead of peanut butter. :)

Not even with a good slather of Duke's Mayonnaise added???:ohmy:

I will admit I put mayo on almost anything, but this isn't one of them!

Selkie, no problem. I just have a texture thing - Don't get Uncle Bob started on the fact I can't eat oysters, mussels or clams!

I once tried to fry my PBJ..i soaked it in a pancake batter then deep fry...it was interesting..;)i will refine that recipe one of these days:)

I once tried to fry my PBJ..i soaked it in a pancake batter then deep fry...it was interesting..;)i will refine that recipe one of these days:)

This reminds me of how my 3rd DS likes his PBJ.. He likes to butter the outside of the sammie, and then grills it in a pan like you would a grilled cheese. It's pretty good. :)

white bread, natural peanut butter (because I don't like a sweet p-butter), with strawberry jam, no lumps.

a triple-decker with lots of natural style peanut butter (smooth or creamy) with a little bit of raspberry jelly....with sliced banana....on any sort of doughy bread (recently, 12-grain...but i think potato bread would be the best)

between the extra layer, lots of PB and the banana, this thing weights about a pound when i'm done...it glues your mouth shut, tastes delicious, and requires milk

grilled

This reminds me of how my 3rd DS likes his PBJ.. He likes to butter the outside of the sammie, and then grills it in a pan like you would a grilled cheese. It's pretty good. :)

I so agree with grilling the sammies...nothing makes a sammie even better than grilling :chef:

I would generally have it on toasted slice of breads. I would prefer amul Butter or Kissan jam spread over the breads and I would just love having them in my breakfast

Well the things you learn about people. I hadn't read this thread before but I'm sitting here with a pbj so thought I'd take a boo at this.

Jif creamy - on both slices of bread (so the jam doesn't soak in)
Homemade raspberry jam - one spoonful smeared liberally.

Eat hanging over the sink or a paper towel cuz it will ALWAYS drip jam.

Having said that, I'll eat just about any combo of PBJ you can come up with. I don't care about the bread, or really type of PB or J. Its a quick fill up and comfort food. I'm loving some of the combos I've read here. The marmalade and Nutella had me drooling and wondering why I hadn't thought of that myself!

I just discovered Polamer jelly. Has made my PB&J's for work way better.

I use Smart Balance PB too.

Extra Jelly.

I bring this to work at least once a week.

smushy cheap very fresh bread with skippy & strawberry jam. or was that perer pan, before they took it from the shelves.......

Cracked Wheat bread, crunchy peanut butter (Maranatha brand) and huge globs of natural strawberry perserves. I have to keep licking the preserves before they drip out of the sandwich and I generally need a washcloth afterward.

I eat about two of these a year. Since DH doesn't like crunchy peanut butter an jar lasts me a long time...I keep it in the freezer and have to really plan on a PBJ ahead of time.

Peter Pan creamy, regular bread(wheat or white), Smuckers grape jelly.. then grill the entire thing just like a grilled cheese. Now that's eating!!!

If I feel adventurous.. just a touch of pickle relish once its cooked. Kind of a Ying/Yang sweet/sour thing...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom