What's your favorite way to make a PBJ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mmm funny you should ask, just had one for lunch. i refrigerate my pb and so i scoop some on to the bread, toast it in the toaster oven for about 2 min, spread it around and top it off with another piece of bread. i use wheat. no j for me! :)

The Ritual...

PB & J is a ritual with me. It must be done correctly or...well. I'm sure the Earth would no longer rotate. Here is how to create the magic:

First, two slices of wonder bread. This is a given. No other bread will do. And wonder is not preferrable any other time.

Next, match up the bread. Yes, match up the slices. One must take two slices that had baked next to each other. Like mirrors of each other, they must match.

The carefully PEEL off the crusts. No, you cannot remove the crusts by cutting them. This was why you must match the bread slices....cuz...they will still match.

Lay your bread so they are mirror images and open Extra Crunchy Jif. Slather on a thick layer of Jif and it must go to the edges. Evenly. Thickly. AND...no knife marks. This is magic...not simply assembling!

Now you must cover the PB layer with Welch's Grape Jelly...and ONLY Welch's Grape Jelly. No other brand. No other flavor. The layer should be even and not as thick as the PB, but not barely there. Perhaps a quarter of inch. And like the PB, it must cover to the edges.

Last of all, you match up the bread slices perfectly and you cut the sandwiches into 4 squares. This way, you can type how to make PB & J while eating said sandwich...and the jelly is manageable...usually.

I also have a ritual for one other sandwich....well...perhaps a few others...but anyway. This one produces a PB & J that is magic.

~Kathleen

Pretty much any kind of jelly or jam, skip the peanut butter. :LOL:
Wouldn't that be a "J" instead of a PB&J...;)

PB & J is a ritual with me. It must be done correctly or...well. I'm sure the Earth would no longer rotate.
I agree with you there, but I'm afraid after that our opinions fall along parallel lines that shall never again intersect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom