What's your favorite way to make a PBJ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
HOw do you make your favorite PBJ? What kind of peanut butter, what Kind of jam or jelly, what kind of bread, is it toasted or not? Come on. You can do it. Give us the good stuff.:chef:

My favorite PBJ - home-made freezer jam (strawberry prefered), with Skppy Super-Chunk, on toasted English Muffin Loaf bread.

Your turn.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Toasted English Muffin (Thomas's Original) with JIF Extra Crunchy, but leave off the J and add honey.

Peter Pan Crunchy with Knotts Blackberry Jam on Toasted Thomas' English Muffins.

kraft smooth peanut butter and smuckers rassberry jam, then grilled like a grilled cheese. The best!

Peter Pan Crunchy with Knotts Blackberry Jam on Toasted Thomas' English Muffins.
Peter Pan Crunchy with Smuckers strawberry preserves on Toasted Thomas' English Muffins.

Oh, I rethought my post after posting it.:LOL: I love (swoon) grilled PBJ's They are the best. Kudos my freind.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Absolutely the best way! I got a weird craving for one and I had never had one before when I was in my teen stages, maybe my mind was totally clear! haha but it Turned out great and now I still eat them even though my mind is always clear

The way that results in me eating a delicious sandwich made of bread, peanut butter, and jelly.

Jif extra crunchy and any kind of jam or jelly on any kind of bread and with a glass of milk. Nothing restores energy as quick as this. If I work in the yard and come in with my energy depleted - this is the quickest way to feel normal.

Orange marmalade and Skippy crunchy on rye toast. I like it more for childhood memories than taste.

I like mine on toasted white bread with JIF Creamy Peanut Butter (slathered on thick) with Welch's Grape Jam.

I am going to be perfectly honest here and say that I am not a fan of PBJ. I was never a big sandwich fan (unless it is a sub from the "Crazy Deli" nearby which is 90% filling and 10% bun or something toasted or grilled) and growing up I had very little peanut butter because it stuck to my braces.

However, What I do like is a toasted corn tortilla with crunchy natural peanut butter spread on while it is hot out of the toaster - just a light skiff. And I love marmalade or blackberry perserves on hot scones. Just please don't put the two together between slices of bread!

I make my own bread and use locally-produced peanut butter and fruit spread. I frequently spice it up with some Ceylon cinnamon, Vietnamese cassia or Dutch-process cocoa.

PB&J

Jif creamy or crunchy with strawberry or rasberry jam on wheat bread. We have been buying a white (that's wheat) bread that is delicious for almost any kind of sandwich.

Okay, I will eat peanut butter on toast, and jam on muffins, but PLEASE don't put them together between two pieces of anything. I don't know why, but it just can't eat a PBJ, and I have tried! I also am not a fan of peanut butter and banana, even though I love them both.

Back
Top Bottom