Yeast/Rising question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey All, And happy holidays to you. Haven't posted in quite a while, but I need a quick reminder on holding yeast rising breads/rolls.
This is the deal,

I am cooking thxgv dinner at another residence this year, and wish to do some prep at my place in advance. One thing I am making is overnite cinnamon rolls, where they rise in the fridge and bake the next morning. I figure it would be easier to make the dough at home & store it in the fridge/freezer until I go to the other place for cooking.

My ? is this: How far do I prep the dough for storage, and then where do I keep it stored until I am ready? Do I let it rise the first time, and then store it, or not let it rise at all and store it, and where?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

B.

Make the dough a day or more in advance.Store in fridge covered with saran touching the surface of the dough. It will probably rise a bit.
Form rolls the day before you want them and refrigerate. They may rise some in the fridge. Remove the morning you want them. If not quite risen enough, put on counter and let rise to the point you want. Bake.

So, Gretchen, do I let it rise the first time to double the size?? Then punch it down & do the plastic wrap thing? I haven't baked in so long, and 1/2 my cookbooks are in storage...So I can't remember.....

Thanks

B.

Back
Top Bottom