Your Ultimate Sandwich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite sandwich is roast beef on a hogie roll with mozarella, swiss, and provelone cheese melted on top with creamy horseradish and mayo. Yum!!

I second the perfectly ripe summer tomato sandwich with a swipe of butter, salt & papper on a hearty sliced bread. I can't wait for summer!
Oh yeah! A tomato sandwich! I can just eat tomatoes like an apple with salt and pepper. You don't need anything other than butter, even though I used mayo too! :)

Oh yeah! A tomato sandwich! I can just eat tomatoes like an apple with salt and pepper. You don't need anything other than butter, even though I used mayo too! :)

I love tomato sandwiches with mayo too. Sometimes I add avocado (my daughters idea) and they are delicious.

Love the summer for the veggies right out of the garden the first Tomato sandwich, with slice of onion and sliced cucumbers, lots of mayo s&p always taste the best.

My 2 most favorite are:
Ruben
cornbeef, lots of saurkraut, swiss cheese and thousand island dressing on rye bread
California BLT
pc of cooked chix breast, tomato, avacado slices, slice of red onion, bacon, honey mustard dressing on a nice crusty roll.

It's a toss up between a well made reuben and a tomato sandwich(made with homegrown tomatoes).
Shucks, I can't decide which is better. I think I will have both.

Homegrown tomato on french bread with either evoo, and vinegar or basil garlic mayo....add some salt and pepper the bestest;)
kades

I :heart: sandwiches! My all-time favorite is thinly sliced (not shaved) rare roast beef piled high on an onion roll with mayo and dijon mustard, and romaine lettuce. (Tomato only when in season).

I also get cravings for grilled ham and Gruyere on rye, Muffuletta, and in tomato season, sliced tomato and avocado sandwich on my Oatmeal bread, toasted.

Also love fried egg sandwiches.....

This thread is making me drool! I don't know if I have a favorite ... the closest would be a Reuben I guess ... but the Russian dressing variant. I like Thousand Island, but to me, Russian is better.

I also love creative Dagwoods. Several years ago I read a series of Lawrence Sanders books, and he had a detective (Edward X Delaney) in there that would have them for lunch. His descriptions made me very hungry for them and I would make them myself, no two were ever alike I don't think. I read a review saying his "...descriptions of the sandwiches sounded as if from transcripts for the Food Channel..." Man they're not lyin'!

I also love hot Italian subs as Breezy described earlier, changing up condiments a little from time to time. Sometimes I like simply Italian dressing lightly sprinkled on, sometimes a nice spicy Wasabi sauce ... sometimes a spicy mustard or Dijon mixed with Mayo...

mmmm, glad lunch is only 20 minutes away ... I'm starving now.

My favorite summer sandwich is a BLT made with extra thick bacon, and fresh picked tomatoes. I could eat it every day when the tomatoes are coming in.

In the winter, I love a monte cristo or a grilled swiss with bacon. (Although that grilled peanut butter and bacon sure brought back visions of my childhood!!!)

One of mine was from a place called Blocks Bagels. Called a pastrami melt. On rye or marbled with swiss, thin sliced pastrami and a red onion and ripe tomato. Grilled of course. Some people like a grainy mustard, some a mayo. 'Sup to you! :chef:

I like a good French Dip.....a good sour dough piled high with thinly sliced rare roast beef, topped with a nice provolone, lightly toasted and served with a nice au jus---yum!

this has many of the things i like in my calif. roast beef sandwich sans the au jus.

sour dough bread, thin sliced deli roast beef, provolone cheese. slices of green chilies (canned roasted ) butter a side and grill in skillet, do same to each side of bread,,,,yum and a family favorite as well

My goodness. I cant sleep, its almost midnight, and reading this thread was a really bad idea. *sigh*, snack time...

My favorite summer sandwich is a BLT made with extra thick bacon, and fresh picked tomatoes. I could eat it every day when the tomatoes are coming in.

In the winter, I love a monte cristo or a grilled swiss with bacon. (Although that grilled peanut butter and bacon sure brought back visions of my childhood!!!)

A Monte Cristo! :ohmy:
I always thought that was just a joke. Something you had once just to say you had one.

Does this count?

800px-Flickr_hellochris_202508906--In-N-Out_triple_cheeseburger_fries.jpg

Oh my God that's not a sandwhich that's a heart stopper - call an ambulance Seriously you would'nt eat that? would you ! there is at least a kilo of cheese melted in them, too each there own I supose, if you enjoy it good luck to you.

Oh my God that's not a sandwhich that's a heart stopper - call an ambulance Seriously you would'nt eat that? would you ! there is at least a kilo of cheese melted in them, too each there own I supose, if you enjoy it good luck to you.
With a chocolate milkshake!

dscn0620.jpg

I am actually very happy with plain Subway tuna sandwich. Speaking of which, does anybody have any adea for the subway type bread recipe?

Back
Top Bottom