"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches
Old 03-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #11
Head Chef
Panini in the following layersBreadProvolone ( so bread doesnt get soggy)fried spinach/garlicgrilled portabello ( marinated first)vegeburger ( morning star farms griller)provolone ( so bread doesnt get soggy)bread.larry

larry_stewart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #12
Master Chef
butter & jam sammiches!

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #13
Senior Cook
I like a good French Dip.....a good sour dough piled high with thinly sliced rare roast beef, topped with a nice provolone, lightly toasted and served with a nice au jus---yum!
Cooksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #14
Sous Chef
Send a message via MSN to Lynan
My current favourite ( has been for a couple of years) is Lemon Chicken and in whatever bread I have about at the time. Just mix shredded chicken with some good mayo, capers, S&P, lemon zest and juice. Thats it! Add some salad leaves to the bread, pile on the chicken and enjoy.
In the book of life, the answers are NOT in the back.
Lynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #15
Honey Badger
Hickory smoked Tri-Tip cooked medium well, sliced paper thin.Jalapenos,creamy Italian dressing.Lettuce and Roma tomatoes.

If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #16
Senior Cook
My favorite grilled sandwich is a Reuben. Cold, would be smoked turkey, with mayo and honey mustard, lettuce, tomato, sliced red onion, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, cucumber sliced very thin, with swiss cheese on multi-grain bread.

I get it in the Deli Dept at Whole Foods Market.
toni1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:44 AM   #17
Master Chef
Originally Posted by 70chevelle View Post
After I finished my Wood Fired Oven last year, I saw a Bobby Flay Throw Down in New Orleans on Muffaletta's. I made up some dough, fired up the oven and made a muffaletta bun topped with some olive oil, fresh rosemary & garlic cooked it in an oiled 10" cast iron skillet. Made up a tapenade, and used imported italian capicola, supersata, provolone, & asiago. Deeelicious!

OH MY, does that ever look devine and delish!!

I love all kinds of sandwiches. One of my fav's is the BLT.. but I also like onion on it.. I call it a BLOT.. see my one picture I have saved. Another is with italian sausage, peppers and onions, using a tortilla..... wrap sandwich.
Before its cut:

After its cut:

OR... how about a diced chicken, onion and melty cheese wrap? The cheese is your choice.. I used regular American, but Velveeta would be awsome... or even Provolone... why not add some mushrooms?

I love the grilled ham-n-cheese too as someone else posted. I made mine into sort of a panini.

And one of my all-time fav's ... bacon and peanut butter... thanks to me Grandpa (he liked sausage patties though)

There are some of my fav's. I'm sure I'll be back. If the pictures are too big, I apologize.
A little kindness goes a long way.
Vanilla Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #18
Head Chef
There are so many different types of sandwiches I could never pick just one.

Pastrami on rye with hot mustard...

Crawfish Po-Boy, Muffaletta even a lowly grilled peanut butter and jelly all have their warm spots in my heart....
Jeff G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:53 AM   #19
Senior Cook
Tuna salad or chicken salad on a toasted bagel, with swiss on the bottom (to cover the hole in the bagel), then the tuna or chicken salad, lettuce, then alfalfa sprouts. Sometimes I'll add a slice of ripe tomato or some slices of avocado.
Sedagive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #20
Assistant Cook
I love tuna, with a light dressing, tomatoes, eggs and onions ! hmmmmmmm :)

YourDietitian is offline   Reply With Quote