Your Ultimate Sandwich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoupDragon

Assistant Cook
I would say rare roast beef, horseradish, sliced beef tomato and a good grind of black pepper. Instead of butter I would use mayo. The bread would be thick cut multi-grain.:)

After I finished my Wood Fired Oven last year, I saw a Bobby Flay Throw Down in New Orleans on Muffaletta's. I made up some dough, fired up the oven and made a muffaletta bun topped with some olive oil, fresh rosemary & garlic cooked it in an oiled 10" cast iron skillet. Made up a tapenade, and used imported italian capicola, supersata, provolone, & asiago. Deeelicious!

img_801827_0_45f50331fc048a7b02e73f528e5d868d.jpg

img_801827_1_72162b6b4125ef47e170a7a7930504e9.jpg

Love a Muflatta but i would say may favorite is a California BLT
chicken breast, tomato, avacodo, bacon, lil red onion, honey mustard dressing, on a crusty roll.

Gosh, you know that's pretty much an impossible questions to answer. It depends on my mood & what I'm craving at the time.

Next week I'll be craving homemade Reubens from the leftover St. Pat's Day corned beef. Good seeded rye, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, swiss cheese, & that terrific corned beef, all grilled into delicious sloppy gooeyness.

Other days I can't wait till lunchtime so I can throw together a mashed sardine, red onion, & lettuce on a roll.

Same goes for a good stinky Limburger & raw sweet onion.

Can never turn my nose up at a homemade "Italian" sub with spicy Cappicole ham, Genoa salami, Provolone cheese, hot peppers, lettuce, tomato, yadayadayada.

And sometimes I just MUST have a rare roast beef & swiss cheese on white bread with mayonnaise, salt, & pepper.

See what I mean? There's no way I could ever choose just one.

Like breezy, I find it hard to choose...But today I'd love to have tuna salad made with chopped hard-boiled eggs, sliced green olives, Miracle Whip, and grated Velveeta cheese on roll, wrapped in foil and heated in the oven until the cheese melts.

Po-Boys....I'm partial to Shrimp, Oyster, and Roast Beef..On Gambino's, Leidenheimer's, or A.J Binder bread

Then it might be a Reuben...

Then again it could be a fried egg...

Or it could be Ham with lettuce and tomato..With a glass of Chocolate milk.

BLT is nice too...

Then the anytime, any day, everyday Home grown tomato with mayo, S&P is a favorite too!!

I am not a huge sandwich unless they are on super fresh buns or toasted/grilled. But my favourite sandwich of all time is fresh multi-grain bread sliced thin, both slices spread with mayo and layered with cream cheese, avocado, cucumber, sprouts and shrimp. Okay, so not so good for my cholesterol level, but hey, you only live once!

35 years ago I had a sandwich called 'A Walk in the Garden" with ham and fresh vegetables in Germany...been trying to recreate it ever since.

Panini in the following layersBreadProvolone ( so bread doesnt get soggy)fried spinach/garlicgrilled portabello ( marinated first)vegeburger ( morning star farms griller)provolone ( so bread doesnt get soggy)bread.larry

I like a good French Dip.....a good sour dough piled high with thinly sliced rare roast beef, topped with a nice provolone, lightly toasted and served with a nice au jus---yum!

My current favourite ( has been for a couple of years) is Lemon Chicken and in whatever bread I have about at the time. Just mix shredded chicken with some good mayo, capers, S&P, lemon zest and juice. Thats it! Add some salad leaves to the bread, pile on the chicken and enjoy. :)

Hickory smoked Tri-Tip cooked medium well, sliced paper thin.Jalapenos,creamy Italian dressing.Lettuce and Roma tomatoes.

Munky.

My favorite grilled sandwich is a Reuben. Cold, would be smoked turkey, with mayo and honey mustard, lettuce, tomato, sliced red onion, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, cucumber sliced very thin, with swiss cheese on multi-grain bread.

I get it in the Deli Dept at Whole Foods Market.

After I finished my Wood Fired Oven last year, I saw a Bobby Flay Throw Down in New Orleans on Muffaletta's. I made up some dough, fired up the oven and made a muffaletta bun topped with some olive oil, fresh rosemary & garlic cooked it in an oiled 10" cast iron skillet. Made up a tapenade, and used imported italian capicola, supersata, provolone, & asiago. Deeelicious!

img_802075_0_45f50331fc048a7b02e73f528e5d868d.jpg

img_802075_1_72162b6b4125ef47e170a7a7930504e9.jpg
OH MY, does that ever look devine and delish!!
yum.gif

SoupDragon,

I love all kinds of sandwiches. One of my fav's is the BLT.. but I also like onion on it.. I call it a BLOT.. see my one picture I have saved. Another is with italian sausage, peppers and onions, using a tortilla..... wrap sandwich.
Before its cut:
img_802075_3_08db7614c98e27bfeab20d833ecf846c.jpg

After its cut:
img_802075_4_214fb0fa97de874b93aec0386825fbff.jpg

OR... how about a diced chicken, onion and melty cheese wrap? The cheese is your choice.. I used regular American, but Velveeta would be awsome... or even Provolone... why not add some mushrooms?
img_802075_5_410be2b98135ee23e09f1ff366d48929.jpg

I love the grilled ham-n-cheese too as someone else posted. I made mine into sort of a panini.
img_802075_6_65da98fed64a2cc6024adcefb062d584.jpg

And one of my all-time fav's ... bacon and peanut butter... thanks to me Grandpa (he liked sausage patties though)
img_802075_7_17d8849df4917a963bd987b8e456460a.jpg

There are some of my fav's. I'm sure I'll be back. If the pictures are too big, I apologize.

There are so many different types of sandwiches I could never pick just one.

Pastrami on rye with hot mustard...

Crawfish Po-Boy, Muffaletta even a lowly grilled peanut butter and jelly all have their warm spots in my heart....

Tuna salad or chicken salad on a toasted bagel, with swiss on the bottom (to cover the hole in the bagel), then the tuna or chicken salad, lettuce, then alfalfa sprouts. Sometimes I'll add a slice of ripe tomato or some slices of avocado.

Back
Top Bottom