10 Famous People You Would Like to Have a Personal Interview...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
If you are allowed 1 hour each for any famous people alive to have a personal chat with, who you would choose?

1. Roberto Benigni (Italian actor/director known for "Life is Beautiful" and "Pinocchio")
What is this immense charm behind this seemingly pathetic looking little man? I would love to hear about stories behind his latest work "the tiger and the snow", about an Italian Poet stuck in Iraq during a war time...
2. Michael Palin, my fav Monty Python member
And what stories he must have got to tell after all these travelling around the globe!!
3. Jimmy Buffett
The guy who wrote so many songs that echoed my heart, the guy who reminds me so much of my dad...
4. Kofi Annan, Secretary General of United Nations
He's got one of the most difficult jobs in the world in this difficult time and he manages to keep himself above...what would be his ideal?
5. Alex Zanardi
Has been a very successful Formula One/Cart racer. He has returned to the race scene after a horrible accident in 2001 in which he lost both of his legs... he is a testimony of sheer courage, determination and rising above adversities...
6. Chris Martin (Frontman of Coldplay)
The next Bono of the new generation, both with the on-stage charisma and being an ambassador of goodwill offstage... what are his inspirations?
7. Donald Westlake
The amazingly hilarious author or crime novels who wrote the brilliant Dortmunder series... How does he get all these crazy ideas??
8. Jamie Oliver
Yeah, not just talking I would love to have a cooking session with him!!
9. Valentino Rossi (Current MotoGP Champion)
He has accomplished so much at such young age... what are his aspirations and new challenges at this point?
10. Alexei Mishin, one of the best figure skating coaches around
He brought up some of the greatest, uniquest talents, and has keen eyes for spotting an extraordinary young up & comers... and what a wise, sweet man!! There are just too many things I would like to ask him...

Then... an honorary mention goes to Mattie Stepanek, if only he was still alive... he was such a gem of a human being, the world lost an extraordinary, precious treasure when he left this world last year... rest in peace Mattie, you and your heart songs will always have a special place in my heart!!
mdastepanek_smile.jpg

Ian Rankin - a Scottish novelist. He writes wonderfully about Edinburgh, in fact you would almost visit and find your way around the city, just by using his novels as a guide!

Quentin Jardine - ditto

Nick Nairn - I've attended a number of his cookery courses and he is just so enthused by his cooking

Jack McConnell - leader of the Scottish parliament. Just to find out exactly where all the money goes...

Antonio Carluccio - great Italian born cook/restrateur. I've got all his cookery books and enjoy his restaurants.

Nelson Mandela. Whilst still at school (very politicised, world affairs conscious nuns!) I actively campaigned for his release from Robin Island - and picketed the SA embassy in London (thank goodness my parents didn't find out!)

I can't think of anyone else!

#1 Morgan Freeman.
Sean Connery
Shirley Mclain
One person I would have loved meeting, is Bob Hope.
That's all I can think of.

Ishbel said:
Ian Rankin - a Scottish novelist. He writes wonderfully about Edinburgh, in fact you would almost visit and find your way around the city, just by using his novels as a guide!

Quentin Jardine - ditto

Nick Nairn - I've attended a number of his cookery courses and he is just so enthused by his cooking

Jack McConnell - leader of the Scottish parliament. Just to find out exactly where all the money goes...

Antonio Carluccio - great Italian born cook/restrateur. I've got all his cookery books and enjoy his restaurants.

Nelson Mandela. Whilst still at school (very politicised, world affairs conscious nuns!) I actively campaigned for his release from Robin Island - and picketed the SA embassy in London (thank goodness my parents didn't find out!)

I can't think of anyone else!

Yes I have read some of his Inspector Rebus series, I enjoyed it... Crime novels are one of my favourite genres, and many of the authors describe their cities so well, as Colin Dexter did with Oxford, or Albert Baantjer with Amsterdam... I also had a big disappointment when I visited London for the first time because Baker Street was nothing like I was imagining from the Sherlock Holmes novels!! lololol... sometimes I have a problem with realities:ROFLMAO:

Cool you have picketed for Mr. Mandela!! You rock Izzy!!

I don't really know... I think I'd be too shy to talk to any "famous" person.

I second your feelings for Mattie though Ur. He was a great little kid.

most of mine are dead -

Winston Churchill
Mark Twain
Stephen Ambrose
General William "Tecumseh" Sherman
Ernest Hemingway
Julia Child
Jane Austen
Josephine Baker
Janis Joplin

now for some living ones -

Jacques Pepin
William F. Buckley
my very first boyfriend (to see how he turned out)

Now you have given me food for thought. When she was alive, I always wish I could have an hour or two with Julia Child. Not only for her cooking, but for her history. What a Woman! I'll be back with my list!

mish said:
I like his voice. He could read the phone book to me and I'd listen.

:LOL: I just like everything about him. I've not seen a movie that he was in that I didn't like. He is a very good actor.
My all time favorite with him would have to be Lean on me.
He portrayed Joe Clark wonderfully!

I loved Mattie, too. I had always been a very active person, and when my physical problems laid me low, I became terribly depressed. I had to close my business, and realized most of the things I had looked forward to doing after I retired were suddenly out of reach.
Then I saw Mattie on Good Morning America, and he touched my heart. I bought his Heartsongs book, and every day I would read a little portion.
He truly was/is an angel.

Here are some people I'd like to have lunch with:

Al Pacino
Sean Connery
Bill Clinton
Tyler Florence
Emeril Lagasse
Tony Blair
Morgan Freeman
Jimmy Carter
Donald Trump
Woopie Goldberg

Sadly, some of mine are no longer with us. Maybe I'll get a chance in the afterlife??? :ermm:

Beethoven
Einstein
John F Kennedy
Neil Armstrong
John Cleese
John Howard (so I could tell him what I really thought) :rolleyes: :LOL:
Bill Gates

Back
Top Bottom